Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
GTM Partner Development Manager, Strategic, EMEA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate to support a single strategic AWS Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partner. Your job will be to use this strategic partner to help deliver on AWS’ strategy to drive enterprise adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform.
Responsibilities will include driving field relationship with your Strategic partners and with the AWS sales field, guiding the development and launch of joint solutions with large global technology companies and executing joint GTM plans in region. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
You will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with enterprise customers. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges within multiple technology segments as well as the capacity to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with cloud.
At Amazon, we live our professional lives by the Leadership Principles. When we hire, we look for those who are Amazonian rather than for someone who fits an exact resume mold. To us, diversity in thought and experience is a good thing. We are hiring for attitude and training for skill because we recognize success takes many paths. While possessing the above criteria would be helpful, if you have a passion for customer success – we want to talk to you. We are looking for someone who can help us create the next version of what it means to be a great partner to our ISVs. We will coach the right fit.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS alliance team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy in region.
- Engage partner’s field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed account plans to track partner progress and achievement to goals.
- Set and manage revenue targets and work with your team, partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
- Create and execute the team’s business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Ensure that AWS sales field and partner business managers work closely with each partner’s customer base to maximize success using our web services.
- Ensure that AWS is the partner’s preferred public cloud computing platform across all partner product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of the partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Create and execute operational rigor including territory management, account management, and business reviews (internal/external).
• Technology related sales experience.
• Direct field & management experience in working with enterprise customer accounts and with ISV partners.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal in English
• Experience working with information technology customers and/or partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements, as examples
• Experience working with C-level decision makers and familiarity with decision making processes in enterprise customers
• Demonstrated experience building new business plans, working with multiple stakeholders including direct and channel marketing, product management and account management teams
• Sales experience with a desire to coordinate field teams to develop and close high-profile deals
• Experience managing joint GTM success with technology partners, including development and tracking of joint sell-with and sell-through business activities
• Experience in building bridges and collaborating between partner and company field sales organizations to build mutual trust, sales enablement and joint sales motions
• Experience developing and promoting technology partner value propositions into enterprise direct sales organisations
• Experience in enterprise software and familiarity with cloud computing platforms and services
• Experience implementing effective joint GTM programs for ISV technology partners including joint sales enablement, demand generation, lead tracking, deal registration and joint sales reporting
• Leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as a profound willingness to collaborate with multi-locations and cross-functional teams internally and externally
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.