The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
As SEO Analyst you will provide quantitative research, reporting, and insights that help shape THD.com content strategy. The analyst will conduct research to identify underperforming content areas, top optimization opportunities, and evangelize their findings to help organize diverse THD teams make informed decisions that drive traffic and conversion that improve overall program performance.
The analyst will work across multiple marketing, creative, and dev teams, so planning and execution in a fast-paced environment is critical.
As analyst you will:
- Provide holistic, digestible content performance data as well as categorical analysis (e.g., guide, video, content blocks, and the like) to help inform yearly roadmaps as well as day-to-day content strategies.
- Assess impact of major content initiatives and technological developments on ROI (e.g., content migration, content gap analysis, voice search, etc.)
- Identify reporting gaps and work with partners to close the gaps
- Work with SEO Content Manager & Director to implement improvements in content measurement and develop forecasting models
- Partner with business intelligence and category experience to ensure core content initiatives are coded & tracked properly to provide needed data for measurement
- Partner with cross-functional teams to share & incorporate learnings into company-wide SOPs and best practices.
- Own daily monitoring of analytics, weekly/monthly dashboard creation and delivery of ad-hoc reporting
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25% – Monitors campaign performance and executes daily operations
- 20% – Writes and edits on-page and off-page content in bulk
- 35% – Researches and analyzed trends/performance data to identify opportunities for program improvements and enhancements. Manages reporting platform and performs regular and ad hoc data pulls as groundwork for analysis. Provides key insights on business performance.
- 20% – Manages technical projects via Excel
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Search Account Manager
This position has 0 Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Intermediate capabilities with Microsoft Excel required
- Strong editorial skills: a keen eye for grammar, spelling, syntax, and a basic knowledge of AP Style
- A steadfast passion for SEO and internet marketing
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Knowledge of current and developing SEO trends and best practices
- A basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Basic understanding of content marketing: target audiences, keywords, linking, anchor text, success measurement & reporting
- E-commerce knowledge and experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
- Experience using SEO and business-related tools including: Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Search Console &
- AdWords, Smartsheet and other keyword reporting tools.
- Prior analytics and data analysis exposure is a plus
- Multi-channel marketing and/or ecommerce experience is a plus