Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Come build the future with us!
Amazon, one of the world’s leaders in e-commerce, is expanding its Retail business and looking for a smart and dedicated New Vendor Manager (m/f/d) Switzerland based in Munich to facilitate new partnerships with vendors in Switzerland aiming at integrating their product portfolio into Amazon European websites. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day and immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and continuously inventing new efficiencies to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
Operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment you will need to engage in projects that will drive business growth and help shape the future of Amazon Retail in EU. We expect that you can work autonomously, think both strategically and tactically, and take full control and responsibility for achieving your goals.
What is the role?
Your objectives will be to help building the best possible selection for our customers with the development of partnerships with new vendors. Your job will consist of prospecting, assessing, reaching out to and integrating both potential local and international vendors for Amazon. In your day-to-day job, you will be faced with numerous challenges such as:
- Identify, prospect and reach out to new vendors, analyze their potential for Amazon. You will lead first steps, by cold-calling potential partners and confidently explaining advantages and benefits of partnering with Amazon
- Be a business consultant to new vendors and provide insights and advice for them, being able to deal with different business profiles and sectors. Help new vendors to integrate their catalogue data into Amazon platform, master Amazon’s internal tools and train vendors on how to use these tools.
- Own strategic hold-out vendors or complex new vendors to increase selection.
- Show bias for action and resourcefulness to engage with high potential vendors who are hard to contact.
- Continually raise the bar when on-boarding vendors focusing on those with highest potential and maximum customer impact.
- Pro-actively identify solutions and projects that help scale the New-vendor business.
About the team
Please get to know the great RVR Team in this video: https://youtu.be/65veo0fFn2g
For this position we expect:
- University degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Several years of working experience in a relevant field, i. e. vendor management, e-commerce, retail, sales, account management, consulting or similar customer facing roles
- Fluent English and German language skills (verbal and written)
Further qualification would be a plus:
- University degree within Commerce, Business Administration or a similar field
- Hands-on mentality: You should not be afraid to pick up the phone and call a prospect or potential partner.
- Analytical skills
- Planning, prioritization and time-management skills
- Knowledge in MS Office programs such as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.