Here at Avis Budget Group we’re more than just rentals-although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands – Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar – connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly-power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The impact you’ll make:
The Procurement Manager sits within the Solution Architecture group of the Procurement team and develops and implements sourcing and procurement strategies and programs to meet company-wide cost saving objectives. Our Solution Architecture team is a group of problem-solvers who work closely with our stakeholders to align on business priorities and improve EBITDA outcomes through leveraging technology, improving processes, optimizing work done in-house vs. outsourced, and optimizing our cost base for third party goods and services.
Your main focus area will be IT and Business Services, which could range from supporting IT and Marketing Leadership and Sales & Marketing partners to indirect operational vendor relationships, including Software, Outsourced Labor, uniforms, office supplies, and tolls and violation management.
Managed spend for Business Services is in excess of $200M across multiple spend areas (10+ sub categories) and you will need to consider the broader context and whole picture while adapting to evolving business needs. This role is responsible for stakeholder management and objective alignment, procurement, contract development and the delivery of ongoing cost savings or EBITDA enhancements. The Procurement Manager oversees the implementation of purchasing and procurement contracts for products and services, develops strong supplier relationships, assesses performance of key suppliers and spend categories to develop business improvement plans that deliver sustainable value to the organization. This role also supports the business in developing a consistent approach to ensure ongoing development of standards, purchasing policies and guidelines to enable more effective decision-making and cost-effective purchasing in the field as we are a highly decentralized organization.
Taking initiative and finding innovative ways of delivering solutions is not only encouraged, but expected, in our transformational team. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on objectives, business needs, and opportunities identified.
What you’ll do:
- Solve business problems and enable cost savings through a holistic focus on relevant levers, including:
- Leveraging technology
- Improving processes – including interdependencies with other aspects of the business
- Challenging the status quo and evaluating substitutes and alternatives
- Identifying and optimizing work performed in-house vs. through a third party
- Identify, source, negotiate, and implement sourcing and procurement cost saving opportunities resulting in significant savings to the company across multiple categories of spend:
- Develop sourcing strategies and a plan to implement them, including establishment of project milestones and deliverables
- Work with internal business partners to align on business objectives and requirements, identify suppliers, develop bid specifications, solicit bids, and obtain proposals
- Analyze proposals and quantifies financial impacts of alternatives
- Develop negotiation strategies
- Recommend and present the most cost effective solutions to Procurement management and stakeholder senior management; recommendations are fact-based and supported with data and clear analyses
- Coordinate with international peers to share insights and best practices, as well as discover global synergies
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts
- Assess commercial risk of contracts, terms and conditions
- Draft and edit terms and conditions accordingly to ensure supplier accountability and achieve business objectives, including risk mitigation
- Act as a contract liaison between the organization and vendors, ensuring contracts and vendors are in compliance with legal, regulatory and organizational policies
- Lead internal pre-contract discussions for organizational alignment
- Lead negotiations with vendors, ranging from new MSAs to SOW renewals
- Monitor the contract process and vendor compliance with agreed upon terms
- Provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues and customers
- Develop spend Category Plans to strategically optimize key areas of spend
- Own the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) process for the business and is accountable to drive supplier management for key suppliers in his/her area of responsibility
- Establishes and conducts regular quarterly/monthly supplier reviews to ensure contract compliance, review SLAs and explore ongoing improvements
- Creates relevant dashboards, supplier and performance reporting for business partners and Procurement leadership
- Develop and support initiatives to provide consistency and standards; leverage supplier relationships across the enterprise; and drive down total costs
- Work with key business partners to develop sourcing and procurement plans that align to business needs while adapting to changing market conditions
- Establish and communicate purchasing policies and guidelines that effectively balance administrative burden, cost savings, and risk/liability
- Act as a strategic partner with stakeholders to support their business objectives
- Improve procurement and business processes to drive efficiency and reduce costs.
- Develop new approaches for systematic purchasing that will lower administrative burden, add accountability and support efficient and effective business process
- Work collaboratively as a team player to learn, share best practices and support to maintain focus on the collective team’s EBITDA and cost savings objectives
- Expand our supplier diversity efforts, including seeking out and encouraging the utilization and exposure of Minority and Woman Business Enterprises to relevant decision-makers
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree with real-world professional work experience.
- Demonstrated analytical expertise and problem-solving skills that have led to quantifiable financial impact.
- Direct procurement experience or knowledge of relevant indirect sourcing categories is not required, but is a plus.
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts, including but not limited to, consulting agreements and temporary service contracts
- Self-starter with the ability to develop and evolve objectives with minimal oversight, including strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and hit key milestones
- Familiarity with procurement category management, sourcing and negotiations processes; strong ability to solve business problems and drive significant quantifiable improvements
- Strong knowledge of the drivers of EBITDA
- Familiarity with procurement principles and RFQ/RFP/RFI processes
- Proficiency in quantifying costs and benefits associated with various alternatives to develop fact-based recommendations
- Experience with financial analysis and models
- Comfort with negotiation and understanding of key levers and tactics
- Strong leadership skills, great drive for results and a passion to make a difference
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills to become a trusted ally and partner of key senior stakeholders, as well as develop strong supplier relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with an enterprise financial system – Oracle Financials experience a plus
- Ability to adapt to custom developed corporate purchase contracts and licensing agreements with modified terms and conditions
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and use sound judgment to make business decisions
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities to meet the expectations of internal customers
- Demonstrated professionalism with ability to work closely with senior stakeholders
Perks you’ll get:
- Clear and defined career paths to pursue
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
Who are we?
Here at Avis Budget Group we’re more than just rentals–although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration, and most importantly–power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
ParsippanyNew JerseyUnited States of America