UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
If you are located in or near Honolulu, HI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute as you take on some tough challenges. (Please note that this is a work from home opportunity, but you still need to live in or near the posted area)
- Educates behavioral health and other providers and office staff on proper clinical documentation, state-mandated quality metrics specifications, provider profiling and pay for performance measurement, and medical record review criteria, to drive quality improvement
- Supports effective deployment of program at the practice level through strategic partnerships with participating practitioners and practice staff while assessing trends in quality measures and identifying opportunities for quality improvement
- Designs practice level quality transformation through targeted clinical education and approved materials related to HEDIS/State Specific quality measures for provider and staff education during field visits
- Materials additionally include information from local, state, and national departments of health on key health related issues (understanding, exploring, educating and facilitating on a local level)
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for assigned HEDIS/State Measures, preventive health topics, leads efforts with clinical team to research and design educational materials for use in practitioner offices; serves as liaison with key vendors supporting HEDIS/State Measures; consults with vendors to design and implement initiatives to innovate and then improve HEDIS/State Measure rates
- Participates, coordinates, and/or represents the Health Plan at community-based organization events, clinic days, health department meetings, and other outreach events focused on quality improvement, member health education, and disparity programs as assigned
- Identifies population-based member barriers to care and works with the QMP team to identify local level strategies to overcome barriers and close clinical gaps in care
- Reports individual member quality of care concerns or trends of concern to the Health Plan Quality Director
- Coordinates and performs onsite clinical evaluations through medical record audits to determine appropriate coding and billing practices, compliance with quality metrics, compliance with service delivery and quality standards
- Investigates gaps in clinical documentation where system variation has impact on rate calculation, provides feedback to appropriate team members where issues are verified, and monitors resolution to conclusion
- Supports continuum of member care by identifying members in need of health education and/or services (case management, etc.) and refers members to the appropriate internal departments per policy
- Documents and refers providers’ non-clinical/service issues to the appropriate internal parties, to include Provider Relations and the Plan Chief Medical Officer by analyzing provider records and maintaining database
- Works with providers on standards of care, and advises providers on established clinical practice guidelines, and appropriate documentation and billing consistent with state specific measures and technical specifications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in managed care or equivalent healthcare experience, including regular interaction with providers regarding clinical quality improvement processes
- Proficiency using a PC in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel to physician offices locally up to 75% of the time
- Current, unrestricted Driver’s License, reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Current unrestricted RN or MSW licensure in the State of Hawaii
- Experience working in Medicaid and/or Medicare
- Experience in managed care
- Account Management experience
- Experience working with behavioral health patients, members or providers
- Knowledge of one or more of: clinical standards of care, preventive health standards, HEDIS, NCQA, governing and regulatory agency requirements
- Solid presentation skills with experience and comfortability presenting to others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.