Epsilon transforms analytics into tangible relationships for companies around the world, using digital marketing tech to inform strategy and branding that connects with clients on an emotional level.
The Bindery Operator III has basic understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a limited range of tasks. Will perform uncomplicated Bindery operations including running merge, matching and gluing operations. Will also perform simple maintenance tasks. Normally requires instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments. May be used to oversee off-loading and tray tagging procedures.
- Operate all bindery equipment, including folders, cutters, stitchers, affixers, tabbers, straight knives, and glue attachments; perform set ups on specified bindery equipment.
- Review completed jobs to verify conformance with the job ticket and plant standards for quality and consistency
- Proof original job copy to sample to confirm accuracy of job specifications before completion
- Maintain records of time, tasks, and number of pieces completed per job
- Prepare finished product by placing in boxes, mail trays, and on carts for delivery
- Read, review, and interpret instructions on Job Instructions/Sample Board using key information for set ups and operations, including trouble shooting and correction as necessary
- Check and verify job components against Job Instructions/Sign Offs/Sample Board to code and other key information and indicators
- Check accuracy of paperwork pertaining to job, including counts, tray tags, box labels, samples, and seeds
- Understand, complete, and verify all necessary paperwork for appropriate task/job or as deemed necessary
- Adhere to policies and guidelines pertaining to confidentiality, security, safety, and professional conduct
- May train bindery employees and assists them in the resolution of problems
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of procedures for performing bindery operations
- Ability to communicate job requirements and issues with account management
- Ability to properly use and maintain bindery equipment and supplies
- Ability to read job tickets and prioritize tasks
- Skill in operating, and adjusting bindery equipment for simple jobs
- Ability to train and direct the work of others
- Ability to understand, follow, and give detailed oral and written instructions
- Working Conditions:
- Work involves frequent standing, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Must have good vision and good hand-eye coordination
- Regularly required move about the facility
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform proper machine start-up and shut down
- Maintain bindery equipment
- Ensure that equipment has adequate supplies to complete full production
- Ability to read and understand USPS reports, rosters, and tray tag information
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of equipment and work area at all times
- Maintain, complete, and verify paperwork for each production run documenting
- Production run time
- Down time
- Maintenance sheets
- Postal information
- Meter readings and other production logs as directed by supervisor
- Sort, tray, strap and prepare finished mail pieces in compliance with US Postal regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in direct mail bindery production preferred
- Ability to set-up, operate, and adjust bindery equipment for simple jobs
- Ability to read and understand job tickets, USPS reports, rosters and tray tag information
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to train and direct the work of others
- Requires 1-3+ years of related experience
- High school or equivalent required
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services.
Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon products and services have been recognized as industry-leading by the Forrester Wave™. We process more than 500 billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. And our CORE ID® is the industry’s most accurate, stable and scalable identity solution that helps brands recognize and reach 200M+ U.S. consumers in a privacy-safe way.
Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.