wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Controls Manager…
In this role, you will:
- Manage the Business Process Application Controls (BPACs) COSO test work:
- Partner with IT and business Process Owners/Control Owners to document significant in-scope processes according to corporate COSO policy (both process narratives and process flow diagrams). Assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key application controls;
- Perform walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant business risk and key application controls;
- Partner with IT and business Process Owners/Control Owners in the creation of process risk assessments as well as validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions;
- Validate and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications;
- Perform COSO testing of key application controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing;
- Validate and challenging documentation of application control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions;
- Analyze the severity of application control deficiencies, and their impact to internal control over financial reporting;
- Validate corrective actions;
- Build relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business and IT functions related to assigned process areas
- Assist with ad-hoc projects.
- 4+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Reporting or Business and Technology Audit experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Ability to present to senior level executives
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Minimum three years Big Four/super regional public accounting firm experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISM, CISSP
- Minimum of five years of experience leading teams that perform IT audit and/or IT application controls testing at peer-size companies
- Practical experience performing IT audit and/or IT application controls testing process re-engineering/process improvement
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo; significant experience with continuous improvement of application control testing processes and results
- Strong executive relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
- Experience integrating off-shore and/or third party resources into IT audit/IT testing organization
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.