Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As an Account Manager for Startups at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will be the strategic lead responsible for driving cloud adoption within a group of stellar startups at the forefront of machine learning development. AWS offers a complete set of cloud services that enable all companies, from startups to enterprises, to run virtually everything in the cloud, including application development, model training, big data analytics, and AI/ML platforms. Startups, represent a critically important subset of customers to AWS. These companies have unique needs, technical considerations, sales cycles, and growth trajectories that distinguish them from traditional companies. These businesses require different engagement strategies and sales motions from sellers to effectively acquire, grow, and retain them on the AWS platform long-term. As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a Startup Account Manager to earn trust and help drive growth amongst a set of well-funded, high-potential startups. The ideal candidate possesses a strong sales acumen, knowledge of the startup ecosystem, a passion for (and familiarity with) machine learning trends. You will be working with startups building cutting edge AI and ML solutions, so extensive collaboration with external contacts and internal teams will be key to build and execute on plans to meet and exceed sales quota. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, crafting partnerships, accelerating innovation through service adoption, and ensuring these startups select AWS as their primary cloud provider. You will align closely with counterparts in business development, marketing, solution architecture and partner teams to lead execution of coordinated go-to-market strategies and sales plays. You will also work closely with business development teams who are driving strategic support, global co-programming, and portfolio engagement to help drive top-of-funnel customer acquisition and accelerate seller cycles in the field. Candidates will be working with startups building cutting edge AI and ML solutions and should have a good understanding of machine learning technologies and how startups are using them to enhance services and processes for end customers. The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment, execute against ambitious goals, and consistently embrace the Amazon Culture
Key job responsibilities
- Ensure customer success with early, mid and late-stage startups
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
- Accelerate customer adoption through well-developed sales engagements and successful GTM Strategy
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue and goal targets. – Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
- Accelerate customer adoption by engaging Founders, CxO, Board of Directors and VC influencers
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption. – Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
- Successfully work in a large-scale environment, leading collaboration with AWS resources (Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, and Service teams) to drive customer solution adoption at scale.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Expect moderate travel.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent additional years of experience
- 5+ years of sales or total experience 3+ years of technology related sales or business development experience in (IAAS, SAAS, Cloud, Software, or Technology)
- MBA/MA/MS degree
- Previous cloud expertise at a technology company and/or AI/ML background
- Passion for helping startups grow
- Passion for and familiarity with AI/ML and Cloud trends
- History of working for, or selling to tech startups
- Experience working with founders is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable delivering results amid ambiguity and change
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.