Customer Service Account Manager – Steward (Boston, MA)
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation. Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time. If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
For this position, you will reside in or within commuting distance to Boston, MA. This position will support a hybrid work environment – with a blend of onsite-office and work-from-home days. Relocation benefits are available for this position.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today, Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
In this role, you will be the account manager responsible for all phases of service communications related to the existing and newly developed contract account commitments to include, including support agreements, consulting offerings, Software Maintenance Agreements, etc. You will be responsible for maintaining the Services relationship at all levels within the account to include interactions with hospital executives, Physicians, Clinicians, and administrative staff.
The Customer Services Account Manager (CSAM) is an individual contributor managing cross-functionally related to all activities, relationship, and communications between the customer and Philips for satisfactory delivery of service (Imaging Services, Ultrasound, Patient Monitoring Solutions, Customer Care Solutions Center, etc.), installations, and resolution of issues. In addition, this position works to manage risks and identify growth opportunities (e.g. install base, multi-vendor, Imaging Systems (IS), Monitoring Analytics & Therapeutic Care (MA&TC), Ultrasound (US), etc.) by supporting warranty conversions, assisting with contract renewals, and identifying new opportunities to sell Philips solutions within the account.
This Boston-based hybrid position (both customer-facing and work from home) provides you the ability to use your strong technical, communication, influencing, and persuasive skills to provide best in class customer service! As part of the Services & Solutions Delivery (S&SD) organization, you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach, changing the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Acting as the One Philips, multi-modality (Imaging Systems, Ultrasound, Connected Care) primary point of contact to the customer for Philips service delivery at assigned account(s).
- Managing communications and flow of information; represent Philips across customer departments and organizational levels on a wide range of Philips initiatives and issues
- Displaying cultural and political sensitivity as well as the ability to analyze complex situations to determine the influences and outcomes of individual decisions and the perception of the ongoing relationship held by the customer.
- Driving timely identification and resolution of customer issues by utilizing technical support and escalation processes; responsible for keeping internal and external stakeholders involved and informed.
- Coordinating, facilitating, and participating in service, sales, project, and contract meetings, and site visits.
- Engaging in regular, cross-functional, customer meetings to pro-actively review service delivery, and strategize opportunities for new or improved product and service solutions to meet future customer needs.
- Effectively managing commitments and expectations of both Philips and the customer to ensure customer satisfaction as defined by the business and customer.
- Maintaining high quality oral and written communications with internal and external customers
- Defining and documenting best practices for the Customer Services Account Manager role to support future business needs
- Driving compliance, efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, and profitability at assigned account(s).
- Coordinating with District Service Manager(s) to assist in identifying equipment training needs for FSEs assigned to the account based on the customer’s installed base.
- Adhering to Company, State, and Federal policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Managing and supporting all operational aspects of Philips service at assigned account. Communicate and coordinate with appropriate internal functions for support.
- Understanding and ensuring service delivery to contract entitlements, obtaining purchase orders as necessary.
- Assisting Product Sales and Service Sales in developing strategies for new business opportunities for the assigned account.
- Supporting Life Solutions and Value-Added Services engagement and participation for assigned customers.
- Partnering with Philips financial resources and the customer to facilitate resolution of billing or other outstanding financial concerns.
- Serving as an informal leader to the service team, providing guidance and feedback and fostering a teamwork environment.
- Influencing peers and non-team members to meet and exceed customer expectations while promoting Philips Healthcare.
- Preparing schedules with service team to meet service delivery commitments and requirements.
- Participating in CCT meetings to share customer commitments made on behalf of Philips, raise awareness of account issues, and gather account feedback from field engineers to share with the customer.
- Partnering with the Sales Account Executive, Accounts Managers, and District Service Managers to ensure customer objectives and Philips’ objectives are mutually achieved.
You are a part of
Our mission to improve the lives of 2.5 billion people per year by 2030. Every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating state of the art solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards, and personalized development planning programs. Our research and business provide unique opportunities to develop cutting-edge clinical solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- 5+ years related work experience in healthcare industry or customer service, highly preferred
- Broad knowledge of Hospital Imaging and Monitoring Systems (modalities i.e. – XA, US, MR, CT, NM, PCMS etc.)
- Working knowledge of the Hospital environment and workflows
- Demonstrated experience in successful relationship management with individuals of various backgrounds and organizational levels
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate cross-functionally
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed business, technical and functional acumen
- Detailed oriented with effective customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Solid time management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple assignments/tasks
- Project Management background, bonus
- Create and maintain project management documentation (MS Project or equivalent)
- Ability to collect, analyze, manage, and present data and information to all levels within the company and at customer sites
- Flexible work style and ability to adapt to customer requirements
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Six Sigma or Lean knowledge a plus
- Travel as needed
Is comprised of members of the Services & Solutions Delivery organization, across all modalities. In this role, you will report into the Strategic Initiatives & Transformation Leader, Service & Solutions Delivery, North America.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran