We believe that everyone should be given a chance to succeed and that starts with you. As a Financial Advisor Manager, you will maintain overall accountability for a team of highly engaged and accomplished Financial Advisors who are promoting the loyalty, growth, and retention of our high net worth clients with $500k-5M or more in managed assets. We are seeking a highly motivated coach, leader and strategic problem solver to join us and lead our efforts to revolutionize the advice industry.
In this role you will
- Leads advisor staff. Provides mentorship, coaching, and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases in accordance with the applicable HR policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and monitors goals and action plans for Advisors. Reviews Advisor performance and identifies trends, suggests improvements, and provides analysis/feedback to Advisor.
- Manages and develops a book of business with Advisors. Coaches advisors to develop strategies to deepen client relationships with the advisor and with Vanguard as evidenced by retention, net new assets, and referrals. Supports Financial Advisors in analyzing and resolving client planning issues and developing solutions.
- Works collaboratively with members of the leadership and project teams and project teams along with other business segments. Develops and recommends changes to strategy, policies and procedures to meet changing business needs. Works closely with other members of management to develop and implement staffing and operational plans.
What it takes
As a leader, you will directly influence our mission to bring advice to millions. In Personal Advisor Services, you will support your team to develop and implement comprehensive financial planning strategies and advocate change in our rapidly evolving business. You will leverage your relationship management and coaching expertise to inspire action, discover needs, and support advisors in giving our current and future clients the best chance for investment success. Show us a determined, can-do attitude and we’ll help you develop a dynamic career, offering you professional training and a wide range of experience to turn your aspirations into a long term career.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible and related experience (including supervision of others).
- Knowledge or experience in the financial planning industry preferred.
- Book of business experience or experience leading others who manage a book of business preferred.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred.
- Series 7, 63, 66, & 24 licenses or ability to obtain within 120 days.
- Knowledge of Vanguard investment offerings and Vanguard methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and personnel development skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.