At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
As a Procurement Operations Analyst for the Amazon Fulfillment Center team, you will serve as the bridge between centralized Procurement and the building leadership. You will own the site’s indirect procurement operation responsibilities at a site level, including vendor management of 3rd party service providers, purchase order management, and inventory management. You will lead supplier management KPI and metrics reporting, and work with stakeholders to find and understand deviation and improvement areas. You will provide procurement leadership and align with the building leadership team to drive efficiencies and improvements at the site(s).
Provide procurement operations support for the fulfillment center, including supplier management (goods and services), non-inventory labor, flow, and space models, cycle counts, inventory management, and procurement transaction and expediting support. • Lead and develop team of non-Inventory associates to ensure building has adequate resources and is set up for success.
• Develop deep knowledge of non-inventory items and align with like buildings to drive best practices
-Manage and drive safety compliance for non-inventory teams during day-to-day activities and partner with regional/local safety teams for safety issues and escalations at the site level.
• Manage KPI to measure, control and benchmark procurement processes including creation of recurring metrics reports to drive improvements for the Operations network
• Develop relationship across the building and network to ensure best practices are being shared and implemented
• Align with internal customers, Finance and Procurement Operations to understand budgetary targets by building and develop methods of measuring and defining savings, value and other category metrics
-Assist Finance and internal customers to determine budgets and maintenance for blanket PO management.
• Using input from the category team, build the category metrics model to track and monitor performance in relationship to the category strategy, such as supplier scorecard and other site audits on 3P services.
• Measure actual vs planned savings; as savings trends are identified, own action plans to meet goals and develop solutions
• Work in partnership both internally and with suppliers to develop innovative solutions to provide Procurement support to the Operations network
• Develop and implement ways to measure suppliers to drive continuous performance improvement on behalf of Amazon
• Coordinate the demand identification, procurement, and inventory management of all non-merchandise items required for building operation. This includes corrugate, packing materials, labor and janitorial services, etc.
. Partner with AP, Suppliers and various internal teams to ensure timely resolution of vendor payment issues
• Support the centralized Procurement team (iSChOC), and Global Procurement Organization (GPO) Pillars, including ProcOps, Category, Supplier Diversity, Supplier Management, Procurement Excellence, Reusables, Technology, and PMO.
• Work is done in a warehouse environment that requires frequent walking around the building. You should feel comfortable working in an environment with varying temperatures as many buildings have dock doors that open throughout shifts.
• Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, IT, or related field, OR 2+ years of Amazon experience
• 3+ years of experience in supply chain operations
• 1+ years’ experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and analytical platforms, including but not limited to the ability to analyze data using pivots and V-Lookups.
• 1+ years of people management experience
• Experience understanding process flow and suggest improvements to deliver cost savings, inventory reduction, or other benefits to the site
• Supplier/ vendor relationship management experience
• Procurement experience preferred
• Experience in Coupa or other financial management/procurement software
• Experience with cost accounting
• Lean / Six-Sigma knowledge
• Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
• Ability to work with ambiguity
• Provide a positive customer experience internally and externally
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.