VMware Carbon Black
VMware’s Professional Services team is obsessed with helping organizations achieve their goals with the power of VMware technology. As partners throughout their digital transformation, we work with customers to build the Network and IT capabilities, competencies, and culture they need to improve employee and customer experiences, accelerate innovation, and confidently move into the future.
The VMware Global & Telco/Service Provider Account Program currently contains more than 100 premier accounts. The objective of the organization is to establish a significant footprint in the largest and most influential corporations world-wide in an accelerated timeframe. This strategic objective is being accomplished using highly focused and very experienced account management teams, dedicated marketing, engineering resources, and substantial executive level commitment. Join our team, and you’ll work alongside a diverse group of people who are passionate about sharing their broad expertise and empowering you to do your best work. Our technology is changing the way the world’s biggest brands do business. Where will your impact be made?
The Service Delivery Executive, Telco Global Services will have the principal responsibility for leading complex programs of work in some of VMWare largest customers, for example we have delivered green field 5G Telco Cloud infrastructure across continental America; we have upgraded an existing EMEA wide 4G Telco to Telco Cloud; and we are engaged in exciting RAN and Edge projects across the Globe. This is an opportunity to lead the most innovative telco delivery projects in industry.
Position and Team
The global VMware Professional Services team (PS) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PS team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The PS team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution.
A new, fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced customer facing Service Delivery Executive to join our growing delivery practice. The Service Delivery Executive will be responsible for bringing VMware best practices and expertise to enable and accelerate technology-driven transformation of our customer’s business. The Service Delivery Executive role is a highly visible, senior role in our PS organization supporting our Service Provider (SP) business which is one of VMware’s fastest growing segments. VMware’s is helping our SP customers migrate existing 4G networks to 5G and enabling other customers to implement their 5G strategies. You can be part of this exciting transformation that can change your career.
This role will:
- Ensure overall customer success in the implementation and operation of their Telco cloud network using VMware’s solutions
- Build strong executive customer relations and provide executive level updates and handle escalations
- Lead a team of Program Managers and Engineers
- Ensure high quality of all deliverables
- Own P&L for the Professional Services engagement
- Work with account teams to develop new PS opportunities, competitive account positioning, client messaging, and sales plays that effectively promote the advantages of VMware transformational offerings
- Resource planning
- A minimum of 15 years experience require either managing large, complex and transformational SP engagements or working at a senior level in operations or engineering at an SP
- Experience with 4G and 5G networking preferred
- Understanding and/or experience of radio networks
- 5 years minimum in a Senior Leadership role with experience building trusted relationships with Customer “C” level executives.
- Experience providing communications, reporting, and leading steering committee and governance meetings at senior executive level
- Experience owning P&L and CSAT with demonstrated success and growth while meeting targets
- Effective communicator with experience with large audience and conference presentations
- Able to work within a highly matrix environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Travel – up to 50% may be required
Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred’s degree
Desirable skills, experience, and Success Criteria
- Customer Satisfaction
- Successful Stakeholder management
- Achieving and Maintaining Trusted Advisor Status
- Lead Delivery Governance & Execution
- Coordinate expertise from across VMware
- Strategic Account Planning & Account Growth
- Successful P&L for portfolio of business
- Portfolio Delivery Success
- Providing Thought Leadership
- Excellent organizational, collaboration, communication, interpersonal skills, and work ethic
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now – Let’s shape the future of what’s next together.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.