Requisition ID: R10042116
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a qualified Principal Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst (Level 3) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL supporting the AEW BMC2 Program Area – (50/50 Hybrid Telecommute Schedule).
This Program Cost Control Analyst position will, under minimal supervision, interface with the program managers, functional management, and cost account managers (CAMs) to provide financial and administrative support and analysis to meet program requirements.
The Program Cost Control Analyst will have experience with Earned Value Management and performance measurement baseline concepts and be able to apply them to multiple contracts for control accounts within an engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT). This position will also have some experience with financial analysis of traditional financial metrics (Awards, Acquisitions, Sales, Operating Margin, ROS%, Cash).
Earned Value Management (EVM) tasks include:
- Establishing Work Breakdown Structure for execution of budgeted cost of work scheduled
- Assessing and maintaining of objective performance criteria – Maintaining and justification of estimates to complete
- Supporting internal and external reporting requirements for variance analysis and budgeting baseline
- Analyzing funding, cost risk analysis/assessment and visibility reports – Preparing government cost performance reports and preparation and/or review of Performance measurement variance analysis
- Developing and analyzing of estimates to completion
Additional responsibilities will include:
Perform analysis & prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Be responsible for supporting the preparation and coordination of the monthly and quarterly financial forecasting and reporting processes. Provide internal reporting requirements to include incorporation of forecast, identification of staffing issues related to baseline/ETC, and execution of corrective action or updates using program reporting tools. Good leadership skills & the ability to work with the Program Office while leading a smaller team are essential.
This is a fast paced high energy environment that requires a self-motivated employee to join the team. The successful analyst will possess the following traits and abilities: ability to use financial systems, with understanding of DoD financial rhythms; provide strategic guidance as required; develop and implement solutions of moderate scope and complexity; analyze variances/trends and develop new methods and process techniques; work under very general supervision while completing numerous assignments per schedule and elevating potential issues to ensure proper management focus; exert influence on peers and internal customers; good interpersonal skills while representing the finance team on various projects.
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
At Northrop Grumman, we are innovating– building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
- Master’s degree with 3 years experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in the following areas: business, finance, accounting, program control and/or similar industry related fields.
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Business related discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience successfully supporting a monthly EVM reporting rhythm
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Solid understanding of Revenue Recognition (ASC 606) processes and procedures
- Experience with Indirect budget planning and forecasting
- Experience with Deltek Cobra
- Experience with the AOP and LRSP processes
- Experience planning Capital and IR&D investments
- Understanding of US Government procurement and contracting, Cost Accounting Standards, and FAR
- IFAS Experience a plus
Salary Range: $72,400 USD – $108,600 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.