Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Millions of businesses in 150+ countries, from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises, across all industries including public sector, run their operations and applications on AWS to create new revenue streams, improve operational efficiency, and reduce business risks.
The AWS Global Partner Training organization is looking for an experienced leader to join our dynamic team to lead the Partner Training organization in EMEA. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build a training strategy at AWS to help partner organizations change the world with cloud technology while helping learners and organizations innovate. You will lead the development of Sales & Technical Training Enablement Programs for the AWS partner channel. You will collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, partner team leaders, and partner core team leaders. You must be results oriented with proven experience working in the cloud computing partner ecosystem, partner management, partner programs, and a demonstrable history developing a network of partners with deep capability and high-quality training delivery and products.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader, drawing upon experience in account management, practice development, go-to-market solution positioning, relationship building & working in both a direct and matrixed operating structure. They should have demonstrated strong experience in partner management and enablement.
=This role can be based in the UK, Germany, or France.=
Key job responsibilities
• Serve as the senior leader for the EMEA Partner Training team. Responsibility for developing a comprehensive strategy, ongoing operations & execution of partner training objectives in the EMEA region.
• Work with AWS partner sales & marketing leads to formulate timely and relevant enablement opportunities that help AWS partners leverage/monetize the AWS Services Portfolio.
• Periodically meet with AWS global partner ecosystem to understand gaps that inhibit ease of doing business; recommend and build scalable and timely knowledge/content to help accelerate partner driven sales.
• Lead and manage AWS Services launch transitions for the partner community by accurately providing timely training that will help sales ramp within the AWS partner community.
• Help AWS partners effectively position the AWS Services as the winning portfolio in an increasingly diversified cloud landscape.
• Be willing to quickly learn AWS Services portfolio and credibly deliver AWS Services content to partners in a public setting; gain feedback and work with AWS product teams to raise the bar on partner facing content and relevance.
• Develop a strategy, framework and approach to deliver high impact enablement programs across the channel (initially sales, followed by technical services).
• Champion the enablement model and create and execute programs that drive adoption and increase rigor and consistency across the channels.
• Manage a results-oriented ramp program that impacts time to productivity (in partnership with Partner Sales, Partner Account Managers, and the AWS business units) and ongoing continuous learning efforts for the partner channels.
• Work with Partner team leadership to establish, track and measure appropriate enablement KPIs and business KPIs.
• Aggregate and identify EMEA enablement requirements for partner roles and help prioritize investments in training curriculum and activities.
• Manage the operational cadence of business reviews (MBR, QBR) with key partners globally.
Success in this role will be defined by the following key areas:
• Successful development, roll out & ongoing management of the partner training strategy in EMEA.
• Number of AWS certifications & accreditations amongst the partner ecosystem.
• Ownership and refinement of partner programs designed to create mutually beneficial partner revenue models, drive mindshare across the partner developer community and partner bias to build and deliver solutions running on the AWS platform.
• Ability to develop executive level relationships with key partner stakeholders & senior AWS leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Significant experience managing EMEA-wide Partner teams
• Extensive experience managing partners / channel sales
• Development and management of partner programs and strategy
• Experience working in a fast-paced Enterprise IT or cloud services organization
• Track record of high-scale technology program or marketing launches
• Experience in Enablement, Training, or Certification
• Deep knowledge of Channel Organizations
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience in hiring and developing high functioning teams that deliver results
• Bias for Action and a willingness to take risks
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience developing programs and mechanisms that scale
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.