Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will cooperate with some of the world’s largest companies, AWS Account Management and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with account management, you will drive revenue growth across Industry customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help and support to build mind share and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think proactively about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy working with customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer or technical architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- As a key member of the business development and account management team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- In partnership with the account management team, formulate and support revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Be a technical Expert, Technical Advisor and Technical Influencer
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements with customers or enterprises
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Proven customer-facing experience in one or more of the following areas: Data Analytics, Machine Learning, IoT, DevOps.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate