Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Managed Services (AMS) is looking for a senior-level service delivery manager to support the full life-cycle of AMS services adopted by customers to both accelerate cloud adoption and support enterprise-wide technology transformations.
AMS simplifies the deployment, migration, and management of customer solutions using automation and machine learning. AMS is supported by a dedicated team of Amazon employees who provide ongoing management of Amazon Web Services(AWS) infrastructure, automating common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services.
We are looking for someone at the forefront of transformational technology and has experience assisting enterprise customers take advantage of a growing set of Amazon services and features to run their mission-critical applications. The Senior Cloud Service Delivery Manager(CSDM) is engaged with the client at the account level and is a trusted advisor. The CSDM is providing visibility, service reviews and reporting through all phases of the implementation life cycle. The successful candidate will be working closely with other AWS teams to ensure that all changes to a customer’s environments are smoothly carried out while meeting capacity needs and service level agreements. They will work with senior stakeholders on opportunities to improve their information and communication technologies landscape while working across customer organizations and multiple AWS teams to ensure customers’ applications are well designed and scaled to the needs of their business.
The ideal candidate must possess customer presentation skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available in the AWS cloud. You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Key job responsibilities
- Earn a Trusted Client Advisory relationship with our clients and team.
- Work with customers to provide visibility and guidance through regular Operational Service Reviews and Reporting.
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning.
- Advise customers on operational and tactical issues.
- Promote the change management process of the customer’s environment to ensure success and service up-time.
- Collaborate with application owners to develop and standardize test, upgrade, and release management processes.
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives to understand business needs.
- Address customer technical stakeholders on most issues.
- Be the voice of the customer to ensure that the customer’s service level agreements are met.
- Raise internal awareness of customer impacting issues, and drive the appropriate prioritization for fixes and/or responses.
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (e.g. feature requests).
- Participate in customer requested meetings (onsite or virtual).
- Triage technical issues.
- Provide oversight of escalation, prioritization, and drive customer communication during critical events.
- Assist in Design/Architecture of AWS and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Establish working relationships between other AWS account team members such as technical/business managers to achieve the best result for the customer.
- Flexibility outside of business hours to help coordinate handling of urgent issues as needed.
- Minimum 2-year experience supporting AWS service technologies or advanced certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or relevant experience.
- 6+ years of experience working in a customer facing service delivery/technical account management role with a high level of accountability.
- 6+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role (design/implementation/ consulting) at a cloud services provider, managed services provider or managed hosting provider.
- Technical Program or Project Management experience.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills to successfully engage with customers and colleagues. This role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers, presentations, project plans and other written deliverables.
- Track record of ramping up quickly in an evolving and challenging role.
- Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity.
- Experience managing multi-tier application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Experience in Service Level Reviews, Reporting and Management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.