Medidata develops cloud-based tech that streamlines biopharma research. Its platform optimizes drug development and clinical trial processes, accelerating time-to-market for new treatments.
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world’s most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The TAM team consists of account experts who interact with clients and many internal groups on a daily basis. The TAM team initiates and facilitates support related discussions with assigned customers and develops strong relationships with key customer contacts. The focus of work is in delivering services which include troubleshooting, problem resolution, strategic planning, and proactive account management from a support perspective. This support and advisory role contribute to improving a client’s overall customer experience with Medidata.
The Customer Support Manager is responsible for overseeing all customer service aspects of support for Medidata Customers. The Manager must oversee and assist with all aspects of client relations tasks, including, but not limited to, Data Submissions, Client Support, End-user Training. The Customer Support Manager is responsible for ensuring the team is following processes, tickets are properly completed, and customer satisfaction levels are improved.
- Responsible for staffing and managing TAM employees
- Ensure adequate staffing to meet fluctuations in support needs including multilingual and regional support
- Monitor activities associated with TAM work including customer health, escalation management, and KPI reporting
- Conduct weekly team meetings for information exchange and process improvement
- Review client surveys to determine service satisfaction and areas of improvement
- Mentor employees on effective client communications with the goal of preventing unnecessary issue escalation
- Coordinate support resources for all problems and issues not resolved during the initial contact with the client
- On Call for Emergency situations
- Create, implement, improve, enforce, and maintain Customer Support processes, best practices, and knowledge base
- Identify product issues and recommend solutions to clients as a means to avoid risk including regulatory non-compliance
- Maintain product, platform, and industry knowledge as a means to create strategic solutions and recognize new business opportunities
- Provide users with product support on technical, operational, and user/account-related issues, on the phone, via e-mail and/or in-person
- Work with various departments to meet service goals and achieve service level agreements (SLAs).
- Coordinate support resources for escalated issues, working in partnership with Helpdesk, Customer Care Team, Professional Services, and/or Product Development
- Regularly measure team using KPI to determine process, knowledge, and experience gaps among individuals and create action plans to remediate
- Continuously mentor staff to improve skillset
Your Education & Experience:
- Customer Service, Implementation Consultant, and/or Technical Support experience (preferred pharmaceutical industry, clinical trials, regulatory, or medical field experience.)
- Management experience
- Experience working in a customer-facing environment supporting software or SaaS applications/technology/service offerings
- Proven ability to translate technical issues to business users
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple high-profile client relationships with a goal of client retention.
- Travel availability up to 5% of the year
- Familiarity with any Issue Tracking software (Zendesk, ServiceNow) a strong plus
- Technology and PC skills including full MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint), Google Suite, help desk/issue resolution systems, CRM)
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.