Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers international insurance policies that protect people’s most valuable assets.
Are you ready for a dynamic position accountable for managing the commercial casualty underwriting operations for a large region? Liberty Mutual insurance is looking for an Underwriting Vice President to head up the Southeast region of our large accounts Risk Management operation. This leader will leverage their knowledge and expertise to drive our Risk Management strategy while attaining profit, growth and multi-line diversification objectives. S/he will manage the workforce, building a highly effective team to drive the Liberty Mutual value proposition with brokers and customers . S/he must collaborate with internal partners to bring the full value of the firm to bear and have the ability to cultivate and drive external relationships. Success in this role requires strong communication, vision and results-oriented execution.
- Execute the Risk Management segment strategy within the Southeast region to attain profit, growth and multi-line diversification goals. Monitor execution against the appetite and correct situations where objectives are not being met.
- Develop processes and procedures to support critical business imperatives and ensure they align with broader Risk Management strategic objectives.
- Lead the region’s selection, development and management of underwriters needed to achieve business objectives. Ensure that expertise is fostered through development, coaching and mentoring mechanisms.
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work by creating an inclusive and innovative culture where each individual feels valued and thrives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with brokers and clients focused on understanding their needs and priorities while fully promoting and representing the Liberty Mutual brand.
- Collaborate with other functions and support initiatives in the areas of product development, operations, process, technology, distribution and claims management.
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for improvement to drive customer value.
- Monitor / measure region results and implement relevant action plans to address gaps and reinforce success.
- Maintain a quality assurance process that identifies and corrects gaps in decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training, 12 or more years of relevant experience, several of which should be in an operations management capacity.
- Technical skills: Advanced knowledge of casualty, including competitive conditions; insurance operations; finance and actuarial concepts; regulatory environment; reinsurance; account management; underwriting; loss control; producer management; and industry trends.
- Professional/General Business skills: Managerial courage; ability to set direction, create alignment and inspire/motivate; creativity/entrepreneurial skills; work cross-functionally by engaging and motivating people; negotiation; influencing others; communicating effectively (listening, verbal, written, etc.); adapt, learn quickly, and respond effectively to varied and intense challenges.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in large/complex casualty business and program offerings
- Strong broker relationships within the region
- Experience managing a P&L
- Experience and comfort in interacting with clients and the C-Suite
- Strong presentation skills
- CPCU Designation
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.