E-commerce company Rakuten allows its customers to not only shop, but also make money in the process.
Rakuten Advertising is an industry leader, voted the #1 Affiliate network for 11 years in a row. As an Account Specialist, you are responsible for timely and satisfactory execution of client digital marketing programs, contributing to client satisfaction and the achievement of client and Rakuten Advertising’s revenue goals. This is a strong partnership role working closely with Account Managers and Clients to provide the utmost level of service.
In this role, you will gain experience managing client accounts to implement marketing strategies across multiple verticals including travel, luxury brands, business to business and specialty retail; to expand market reach, increase engagement, and maximize omni-channel digital campaigns.
- Manage communication and act as liaison between publishers, advertisers, account managers, and clients
- Update client promotions, creative and communications as necessary
- Audit creative and placements as mandated by account team/client
- Monitor client support email/calls and respond or route inquiries appropriately
- Ensure client issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Review partnered affiliate websites to identify optimization opportunities
- Monitor projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Prepare and run performance reports
- Create prospect lists using reports and independent research
- Attend client visits to review top-line program performance and marketing strategy
- Develop strategic plans to meet and exceed client goals
Required Skills and Experience
- Entry level candidates welcome
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferred experience could include business or marketing degree, 1-2 years marketing or administrative experience, customer service
- Proven track record of execution
- Ability to learn proprietary software to manage campaigns and report results
- Solid proficiency with Excel for client-ready reports and presentations
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Detail orientation and attention to deadlines
About Rakuten Advertising
Rakuten Advertising provides advertising technology and consumer insights to the world’s leading brands and retailers. Working with agencies and brands around the world, Rakuten Advertising unites technology, client strategy and consumer insights to deliver advertising experiences that drive increased brand awareness and marketing performance. Its foundation of advanced technology, data and strategic services positions Rakuten Advertising to offer a differentiated suite of advertising and marketing solutions, while constantly pushing the industry forward. It is a division of Rakuten Inc. (4755: TOKYO), one of the world’s leading Internet service companies. With access to Rakuten’s diverse media properties and audiences, combined with an award-winning performance network and proprietary consumer research, Rakuten Advertising creates the right conditions to reach new customers and sustain long-lasting loyalty. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Australia, Singapore, Brazil, France, Germany, Ukraine the United Kingdom and throughout the United States. Learn more at www.RakutenAdvertising.com.
Five Principles for Success
Rakuten Group has an unswerving commitment to building an egalitarian society by empowering individuals and companies to be successful in business and in life. The Five Principles for Success are designed to keep each of us on track, to ensure we make continuous progress toward our ultimate goals.
Always Improve, Always Advance
There are only two kinds of people in the world:
Best Effort people are satisfied with the status quo; when they fail, they console themselves by saying “I did my best.” Get Things Done people are absolutely committed to reaching their goals. With enough determination and effort-by being a Get Things Done person-you can achieve anything.
Rakuten is an organization composed of true professionals.
Real professionals in any field-whether in sports, the arts, science, business or anything else-only reach the top because they have the self-discipline to develop and improve themselves continuously. Only by consistently working many times harder than our competitors can we consistently win.
Hypothesize → Practice → Validate → Shikumika
Success in business depends on making and executing concrete specific action plans.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction
Rakuten is first and foremost a service company. We’re proud to serve our customers and we ceaselessly seek to improve their experience.
Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!
The internet makes the window of opportunity for every small business. Accomplish in one month what it takes other companies a year to do, because we can only win by being many times faster than our competitors.