Palo Alto Networks
With an internal culture of authenticity, collaboration, and innovation, Palo Alto Networks maintains continual vigilance and security for customers all over the world.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Network Security Customer Success Overview
Palo Alto Networks Customer Success (CS) team partners with organizations to help guide them through their journey in protecting their businesses and driving the technical outcomes that mean the most to our customers. Our Customer Success managers and engineers are our customers’ advocates, product experts, and strategic advisors that help them operate and grow their businesses securely. At Palo Alto Networks, we take a proactive method to ensure customers achieve their required outcomes with a product or a service, by providing tailored guidance and support to organizations as they embark on their journey. Our customer success teams are guiding the customer during the product life cycle to increase license and feature adoption and to gain maximum value from their investment.
Our Network Security team focuses on delivering support and services across our Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW), Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), and Cloud-Delivered Security Services (CDSS) technologies.
As a Network Security Customer Success Manager, you are a critical part of our customers’ adoption of security integrations. You act as their day-to-day contact for products in the Network Security portfolio, establishing relationships with them in order to understand security and business priorities, provide guidance, and share operational best practices for their secure environments. You’ll manage our customers’ services experience to ensure Palo Alto Networks is exceeding their expectations. You’ll guide for quick and consistent adoption, accelerated integrations with new cloud security products, and real-time support and strategy. You have in-depth knowledge of indicators of success, leveraging data, and your analytical aptitudes to guide changes, updates, and improvements.
In this role, you will work closely with CISOs, security architects, security engineers, and development operations teams within mid-to-large enterprises and alongside the internal account team, confidently presenting implementation plans to all ranges of technical ability.
- Lead client’s product onboarding experience, adoption, and expansion across a range of relationships
- Be the customers’ guide through the entire post-sales journey, and advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Develop a strong partnership with and become a trusted advisor to customer stakeholders, channel partners, and executive sponsors to drive product adoption – consult them on when to consider expanding their platform, adopt new features, how to reduce time to value, upgrade software and/or hardware, and when to engage additional Palo Alto Networks services
- Advise the customer on their platform adoption, their deployment of best practices using tools such as the Best Practice Assessment and partnering with Professional Services and Enablement on delivering on some of the services like security optimization and identifying training opportunities for their teams
- Coach customers on how to establish and implement their Network Security change management, governance, the center of excellence programs
- Identify and escalate risks and issues to the customer and Support team to achieve client success
- Gain a deep understanding of typical business challenges faced by our customers in order to appropriately map features in their security environments, as well as provide proactive information, guidance, and support
- Identify risks to customers’ subscription and service renewals on an ongoing basis and collaborate with internal teams to remediate client concerns and ensure renewal readiness
- Establish relationships with customer executive sponsors, speaking on a frequent cadence to strengthen relationships while uncovering new service and product opportunities for the account team
- Monitor key performance metrics like customer satisfaction, renewal rate, product upsell/cross-sell identification, reference-ability, renewal likelihood, adoption, consumption, and customer engagement – leverage these key metrics to build a strategic plan to address negative changes in the metrics
- Proactively engage Customer Support and Engineering to monitor and resolve complex technical issues.
- Deliver Executive Business Reviews (Quarterly Services Review) with the support and involvement of the Account Team.
- Internal collaboration with other services teams.
- Pre-sales, account management, customer success, consulting, or similar roles related to driving customer success and adoption, along with client-facing sales/services experience
- Experience working with Cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure) or in cybersecurity preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese as this position is required to work with Japanese-speaking clients on a daily basis; the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences and to explain the impact in business terms
- Business or higher level of English is preferred
- Experience in or ability to work with technical support and/or professional services within the high-tech industry
- Experience with a SaaS solutions company and/or an enterprise software company
- Strong consulting and project management skills, with proven results working as a reliable advisor to drive business value for customers. Preferably holds Project Management or Service Delivery qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE2, and ITIL.
- Highly data-driven with a dedication to following the process, ability to prioritize work within a demanding environment, and consistently delivering results
- Ability to identify key customer stakeholders to engage and build relationships without direct supervision
- Ability to influence teams across the organization to achieve desired customer outcomes
- Passionate about driving and tracking a consistent engagement process with all supported customers
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment to address emerging security risks and challenges
- Preferred Knowledge of Networking
- Knowledge of CyberSecurity Network Security is preferred
- Knowledge of heterogeneous environments used by enterprise customers
- Positive, growth-oriented mindset
- Thrives in a matrixed, team environment anchored by our values of Collaboration, Disruption, Execution, Inclusion, and Integrity
Our Customer Success team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new ones, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.