People at Sanofi are dedicated to making a difference in patients’ daily lives, enabling them to enjoy a healthier life.
The Associate Director, Value and Access, Cardiovascular will be responsible for developing and implementing the short and long-term access strategy for national/regional payers, institutions, and channel customers. The candidate will utilize portfolio expertise and/or managed markets experience to build an integrated market access strategy based upon the brand strategies. The ability to identify key customer segments and generate customer insights is critical in this role. Additionally, the candidate must have strong business acumen and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to develop productive relationships across all internal and external customer groups.
The role will define & implement MAx strategy, plan/tools, contract strategy and pricing strategy in line with the overall brand strategies. The incumbent will be responsible for transversally leading across diverse teams including Marketing, Account Management, Market Access Shared Services, HEVA/RWE, manufacturing and logistics, and field sales.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Value & Access, CV & Transplant.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate with brand team(s) and provide input into brand strategy development, serving as expert for the payer, distributor and channel perspective and ensuring economic considerations are incorporated
- Develop and communicate robust market access strategies and plans, including clear articulation of the brands’ value story, and help to integrate them into the overall brand plans
- Identify gaps in current market access understanding and develop plans to gain direct payer insights through primary research, advisory boards, etc., and work with vendors to implement projects in a timely, impactful manner
- Develop strong value communication platform and messaging in order to support access targets and goals
- Collaborate closely with national, regional and contracting account management; brand marketing; market research; sales management; legal; regulatory; medical; global marketing; global market access; corporate affairs and others to ensure appropriate understanding & implementation of Market Access Marketing strategies as well as drive opportunities to maximize tactical investment through partnering with these groups.
- Collaborate with Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) team to develop strategies and tactics, including development of Value Propositions, Economic Analysis and Tools as well as Unbranded tactics to support communication of value across various formulary decision makers.
- Identify pull through opportunities by brand, channel and geography based upon formulary position
- Provide brand insight in cross-functional collaborations with stakeholders and subject matter experts in the design of specific market access channel strategies and tactics
- Provide pricing and reimbursement guidance around product forecast/financial model development
- Monitor the marketplace for market access challenges, trends, threats & opportunities, and research issues appropriately
- Partner closely with V&A colleagues within BU and across the organization to share best practices, customer insights and emerging trends
- B.A. or B.S. Degree with concentration in business administration, finance, or marketing is preferred. Advanced Degree is favored.
- 5+ years of business experience in the pharmaceutical healthcare sector
- Consulting, internship, or equivalent experience also considered
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience including marketing, market access, health economics, pricing & reimbursement
- Knowledge of cardiovascular disease area desirable, but backgrounds in other products welcome
- Demonstrated understanding of the healthcare environment including market access payer environment, trends, drivers, and opportunities
- Understanding of the current market access environment faced by manufacturers and payer insights around pricing and legislation
- Understanding of key payer value drivers and ability to develop and implement payer value propositions
- Understanding of strategic pricing and commercialization strategy with aligned HEVA/HEOR drivers and ability to coordinate an evidence generation plan
- Proven track record of leading within a matrixed environment to reach business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to take on highly complex business problems, recommend strategic and tactical solutions in a simple and straightforward manner
- Exhibits outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively write and deliver presentations to professionals at all levels within Sanofi
- Demonstrated relationship building at all levels of the organization and across geographies
- Strong experience with strong project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Travel: Approximately 10-20%
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. All US based roles require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
Fully vaccinated, according to the CDC, an individual is considered to be “fully vaccinated” fourteen (14) days after receiving (a) the second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or (b) the single dose of the J&J vaccine. Fully vaccinated, for new Sanofi employees, is to be fully vaccinated 14 DAYS PRIOR TO START DATE.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.