Work smart, have fun and make an impact!
EcoVadis is the leading provider of business sustainability ratings. Our solutions are backed by an international team of experts and powerful technology. We analyze data and build sustainability scorecards that give companies actionable insights into their environmental, social and ethical risks.
Why apply to EcoVadis? Be a part of the global sustainability change in business. Grow your career. Work with extraordinary people. Feel valued for your contribution.
What is Onboarding?
EcoVadis’ vision is to enable a new way of doing business where sustainability intelligence influences every business decision. One of our key company values is Every Customer Matters and as there is only one first impression we can make on the customer, it is our objective to be ever-present at that stage to accelerate the change we believe is possible.
Deploying strategic corporate programs such as a sustainable procurement program, can be challenging for organizations as it requires systematic cultural change and stakeholder adoption. To ensure the customer gets to the benefits and to the ROI of their EcoVadis SaaS solutions early on, it is critical that all impacted employees, mostly procurement teams, understand how the program works, what they are requested to do and how to integrate EcoVadis in their procurement policies, processes and technologies. The EcoVadis onboarding team accompanies customers through a series of guided workshops, meetings, and topics, designed to set up a strong and successful foundation for their sustainable procurement goals with EcoVadis.
The Customer Onboarding Manager reports to our Customer Onboarding Team Lead and the scope of the role is as follows:
As an Customer Onboarding Manager you will work with a diverse set of companies to ensure they have the foundations needed to maximize the value of EcoVadis as an important piece of their sustainable procurement initiative.
Successful customer onboarding requires both strong project management and leadership skills as you will coordinate the strategic and technico-operational aspects simultaneously. You will be the project head for multiple customers through the onboarding phase. You will partner with the customer to advise and guide them in the set-up and adoption of the EcoVadis solution which includes integration where applicable in their internal and external capacity building and communications, design of procurement processes and tools and ultimately to build a seamless and scalable customer journey and roadmap for EcoVadis deployment. You will interface with various customer stakeholders, and be accountable to securing executive leadership commitment throughout the onboarding phase.
The onboarding phase of the customer journey comes to a close when the key onboarding program objectives are achieved, the tactical and strategic roadmap is documented and presented during a customer executive steering committee. After this period, the Onboarding team transitions the customer over to the Account Management team.
Being a successful Customer Onboarding Manager requires strong project management skills. You will bring experience in or a strong appetite for strategic consulting work: The role require an astute listener who can tune into the direction the customer wants to take; with ability to design and create plans with concrete milestones to ensure the customer reach their goal; providing recommendations and coaching the customer along the journey to ensure their success while overseeing the implementation of activities.
Overview of specific tasks and actions:
- Act as the project lead simultaneously on 15 accounts to deliver the Onboarding program based on a fully developed methodology toolbox (i.e. sustainable procurement maturity diagnostic, a supplier selection and prioritization, various presentation and workshop templates, etc.),
- Understand the customer’s individual context and needs through research and through effective discovery with customers; and autonomously and efficiently adapt templates and onboarding program framework to those needs.
- Lead meetings and workshops with key customer stakeholders; provide insights and recommendations to guide the engagement as well as bring prescriptive direction to move the project and actions forward
- Monitor and track Onboarding program implementation progress against project timelines with accountability for qualitative and quantitative key performance indicators (i.e. Customer NPS, Time-To-Value)
- Close the the customer onboarding program within project time frame ensuring successful delivery and customer endorsement of the final roadmap (i.e. key recommendations and roadmap to help the customer and the EcoVadis Customer Success & Account Management team to use as guideline for the continuation of the customer journey).
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Onboarding methodology, working tools and workshop materials (i.e. identify opportunities for workflow improvement, best practices sharing and implementation).
- As needed, contribute feedback on the product and collaborate with the product teams to ensure a coordinated and aligned approach to our customers
- 4+ years experience in fields such as project management, SaaS/customer success, procurement or supply chain, consulting
- Experience with consulting and workshop methodologies, including delivering workshops to senior executives
- Formal education (degree/masters) ideally in a related field (MBA, Supply Chain, Procurement etc.)
- Knowledge of procurement systems, processes and trends is desired with an understanding on how they impact the workflow and the success of a sustainable procurement initiative
- Excellent listening skills, diplomatic with the ability to be prescriptive guidance and recommendations and guide the customer in the right direction
- Full proficiency in English and German is essential as you will be expected to discuss complex sustainable procurement solutions in both languages
- Excellent excel and data analytical skills
- Self-driven, results oriented and team player
- Thrives in a fast paced, international and multicultural environment
- Knowledge or degree in Sustainability is a plus but not mandatory. The right candidate is open to invest time to step up fast in this area. The right candidate is an advocate for sustainability.
Location: Remote in Germany / Berlin / Düsseldorf
Everyone at EcoVadis contributes to a culture of trust, respect and empowerment. Our growing team in Germany is full of talented professionals who are experienced in sustainability, customer success, sales, IT and all share a desire to change the world, one customer at a time. We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth from day one with extensive onboarding, mentoring and a brand new e-learning platform bursting with courses and modules so you can learn new skills and fine-tune old ones.
Our team enjoys the benefits of flexible working. Some of us work from home whereas some prefer to work from our office hubs in Düsseldorf and Berlin, while we all look forward to quarterly meet-ups. We choose our office locations carefully with good public transport links as a priority. There’s even a local ramen restaurant that the team loves within walking distance.
EcoVadis will support you with all the necessary office equipment, 30 days of holiday, 100% coverage of the BahnCard (50,2) in Germany, 50% of monthly transportation subscription in Düsseldorf as well as healthcare and pension contributions. Everyone at EcoVadis also receives a Community Service Day as becoming a leader as a socially responsible company is one of our top priorities.
Our hiring team looks forward to reviewing your CV and covering letter with a guaranteed response to every application. A new job with purpose awaits you!
Don’t fit all the criteria but still think you’d be a good candidate? Please apply anyway to give our hiring team the opportunity to assess your skills and to learn more about what you could bring to EcoVadis. We’re interested in hiring capable people, regardless of professional and educational background.
Can the hiring process be adjusted to suit my needs? Yes. We want everyone going through the hiring process with EcoVadis to feel confident that you are able to demonstrate your full potential. We welcome applications from disabled people, people with long-term health conditions and neurodiverse candidates. If you need any adjustments, please let the hiring team know.
Our team’s strength comes from everyone’s uniqueness and is founded upon mutual respect. EcoVadis commits to equity and inclusion and does not accept any form of discrimination based on color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, beliefs, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, parental status, or any other protected characteristic that makes you unique.