Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We’re hiring a Principal Engagement Manager to develop AWS consultants, partner and client teams in our Professional Services team. Principal Engagement Managers develop strategy, set direction for teams and perform in an influencing capacity to ensure successful delivery of AWS’ largest strategic engagements.
You will influence both internally and externally to manage and deliver AWS cloud services that enable our customers to realize their business needs. You will coach and mentor internal AWS resources, external partners and customers through the project life-cycle. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to products, services and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. Engagement Managers help Customers to meet their technical and business needs by providing best practices, proactively identifying and closing project gaps.
Responsibilities and Abilities include:
- Viewed as a trusted senior advisor at the CXO/VP level or equivalent, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates expertise in the scaled, enterprise Agile and Program Management community, showing differentiated invention and innovation.
- Delivers the largest and most complex initiatives and customer engagements.
- Collaborates with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to seek to understand our customers’ needs, their business, how success is defined and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of scaled Agile project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective and pragmatic way across large, complex engagements and organizations.
- Understands the cloud technology value proposition and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology.
- Sought after by customers, internal AWS teams and partners to provide valuable, strategic input on AWS-related practices and offerings related to scaled, enterprise Agile and Program Management.
- Applies strategic thinking and demonstrates ability to understand business and technical requirements to galvanize teams around a common vision to execute, manage and achieve customer business outcomes.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Works directly, and through others, on the creation of new business capabilities for customers, partners, and AWS Service Teams.
- Coaches and mentors both AWS, customer stakeholders/subject matter experts’, and partner teams to align program/project goals with customer business goals, planning and road mapping to ensure the achievement of those goals.
- Enables new levels of agility, speed, and scale, to exceed business outcome targets and provides project teams with guidance, mentoring and support.
- Plans, organizes and manages all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, defining success criteria, project milestones, and budgets.
- Plays a key role in managing project goals and driving teams to achieve customers’ business outcomes by managing issues, risks and action items.
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time.
- Ability to recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
- Ability to take action, guided by policies, procedures and business plans with limited guidance.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels of management and technical stakeholders.
- Interfaces with various customer and internal AWS stakeholders which consists of senior teams (C-level execs, SVP/VP, Directors) and project level resources such as SMEs.
- Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Ability to coach and develop other Engagement Managers in their written and verbal communications skills and approach.
- Proven success in working with teams and executives in a complex, global, multi-national corporate environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts to build relationships across all teams of the engagement.
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives and organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
- Coach and mentor junior engagement managers to ensure AWS is developing the next generation of Agile engagement managers.
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
- Extensive experience in the delivery of large scale, IT enterprise engagements
- Extensive experience in the delivery of large, scaled agile enterprise program/project engagements in a professional services or consulting environment.
- Has personally played the role of an Agile Coach, Scrum-of-Scrum Master, Scrum Master, having led multi-workstream engagements at the program level.
- Hands on experience with Agile Project Management toolsets (Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc.).
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
- Has two or more current Agile and Project Management certifications with at least one being an Agile certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, SAFe SM, CSPO)
- Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has delivered public cloud engagements.
- AWS Experience and Certifications.
- Has led an organizational transformation from delivery projects using waterfall methodology to an agile iterative methodology.
- Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
- Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company.
- Managed technical projects consisting of 20+ people totaling over $5,000,000 budget
- FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) for Salesforce
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.