Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing large German Enterprises in the Financial Services Market? Do you have the business savvy with clear hunting capabilities and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? As a Principal Account Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology by increasing the adoption and market segment presence of AWS. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales / account management and also a technical background that enables him/her to drive an engagement up to the executive level, business side of clients as well as with software developers and IT architects. He/she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver results.
Location: preferably (but not limited to) Frankfurt, Hannover, Cologne or Munich region
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Help to drive business enablement, growth and expansion in a defined territory in the ‘Financial Services industries’ primarily for banking segments.
• Develop and execute against a business plan, meet or exceed your quarterly targets.
• Win and manage a set of accounts concurrently & strategically – as individual contributor.
• Articulate compelling value propositions (business and technical) around AWS services and related regulatory requirements
• Accelerate customer adoption.
• Work with partners to extend reach & drive the AWS adoption.
• Articulate AWS’ value and influence on market trends such as digitalization, DevOps, data analytics, machine learning and cloud/business transformation with focus on C-Suite and their direct reports, while leveraging key financial services use cases.
• Ensure customer satisfaction
• Significant experience in business acumen combined with technology related account management/field sales roles; great track record in sales/consulting (or a business development, sales engineering, background with remarkable achievements).
• Direct field experience in working with complex Enterprise Accounts who have to comply with regulatory requirements headquartered in the German market
• In-depth understanding of customer use cases and industry trends in Financial Services (preferably in Banking Sector)
• Demonstrated hunting ability to work independently and autonomously in driving projects to completion, often in an ambiguous environment
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and German are a must.
• Willingness for regular travel activity.
• SaaS/Cloud experience.
• Multi-year industry expertise in one of the following sub-industries of the financial services industry: Banking (preferred), or Insurance/Capital Markets – with related background on regulatory frame conditions
• Extensive customer network in that industry
• Great Business Acumen
• Certified cloud experience (e.g. AWS Cloud Practitioner)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.