HP aims to create engineering experiences that not only amaze, but inspire people around the world to interact and invent in ways that ultimately improve lives.
Job Description –
Driving strategic initiatives, vendor risk, and relationship management with a focus on HP Inc’s top software suppliers. Develops adaptive methodologies to provide governance of complex software portfolios, partnering closely with Business Stakeholders, Procurement, and Enterprise Architecture. Leads negotiations from a position of strength through deep analysis of agreement terms, costs, and competitive positioning resulting in strategies that achieve business goals and maximize value. Presents Supplier Relationship, Negotiation & Risk Status to executive leadership.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories, and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization’s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower-level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. (TCP review board required in TCP families)
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key decision-makers at the top of the business, function, geography, or organization as well as key tactical leaders.
- Uses extensive business knowledge at the domain level to drive engagement for the largest IT initiatives. Proactively engages in strategic business planning where there is IT impact; influences overall business strategies of customer organizations.
- Communicates strategic IT decisions and plans and works to achieve alignment at the top level of the business, function, or geography.
- Represents the needs of the business, function, or geography during the IT priority-setting process.
- Identifies leverage opportunities where IT can provide cost-effective, standard solutions to meet the needs of multiple business/function/geography organizations.
- Actively participates in IT projects to ensure that business, function, and geography “customers” are included appropriately and ensures that they receive sufficient and timely communications.
- Promotes best practices found in working with one business/function/geography to other business and function organizations.
- Identifies the need for new IT processes as well as significant improvements to major IT processes and drives the development and implementation of those.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 12 years of related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional written and verbal skills. Deep business experience at a domain level. Strong relationship management skills. Excellent project management and process development skills. Strong financial and analytical acumen.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!