Philips is a leading health tech company, improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum—from healthy living and prevention to diagnosis, treatment, and home care.
Product Application Specialist – Cardiovascular Ultrasound (Chicago)
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation. Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow. But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most. The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
As the Product Application Specialist for Cardiovascular Ultrasound, you will serve as the clinical liaison to our CV ultrasound business. Working closely with a strong team of Account Managers, you will be instrumental in multiple phases of the sales and implementation process.
You are responsible for:
- Assess customer’s configuration requirements and education needs; plan and deliver equipment and application training; apply product and clinical knowledge to troubleshoot and solve problems. Support customers in the use and growth of their systems.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key internal partners and customers; enable the success of the installation team.
- Schedule and perform demonstrations as required to support assigned geography.
- Schedule and implement system installation customer training – complete checklist.
- Support traditional and emerging markets.
- Cover tradeshows as assigned.
- Professionally handle objections and questions.
- Effectively support installed base.
- Position yourself as a consultant to both internal and external customers.
- Generate leads.
- Communicate regularly with local, zone, and management teams.
- Maintain excellent customer satisfaction.
- Act in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Maintain company property.
- Ability to work in ever-changing environments.
- Flexibility and tolerance of ambiguity.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
You are a part of:
The CV Ultrasound Product Application Specialist is the key interface between Philips and our customers. This position will represent the company and products while continually providing total solutions to customer needs. As a CV Ultrasound Product Application Specialist with Philips Healthcare, no two days are the same. One day you may be delivering a custom-made educational/training program at a major teaching hospital, the next you could be supporting the regional sales team by applying your clinical expertise to the pre-sales process for a major proposal. We are continually looking for talented clinical professionals who want to build their professional careers within Ultrasound. Based in the field, you will travel to clinical sites throughout your allocated territory, representing your chosen business line in pre-sales negotiations and in post-sales delivery of educational/training programs.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Current RDCS registry required. RVT registry a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Cardiovascular Ultrasound environment. Advanced clinical skills such as TEE, 3D, and Strain highly preferred.
- Knowledge and Experience with the Philips products preferred.
- 3+ years clinical experience, teaching/in-service experience preferred.
- ***Willingness to travel -local Chicago territory, however, must be willing to assist throughout the zone and travel 80-100% Initial 3 months during training period
- Ability to be manage schedule remotely.
How we work at Philips
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles. Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
- We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There’s a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
- We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when, and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams, and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
- We want to be at our best: The way we work, and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you. Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran