Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
About Amazon: Work hard. Have fun. Make history. At Amazon it is expected no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been an aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the sites already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for its customers and for you! You’ll help Amazon create the Earth’s greatest shopping experience – a store featuring more products and brands with the most compelling content compared to any other online or offline store. This is a great platform from which to launch a career with Amazon.
The mission of the Retail Business Services Mass Vendor Management team is to lead vendors across all Amazon EU marketplaces to success by guiding them, building trust and passionately challenging ourselves as well as the status quo.
RBS MVM team is looking for a bright, customer obsessed, data driven, and creative candidate to join our team. The successful Account Manager is an effective listener, communicator and problem-solver with strong expertise in process optimizations and systems thinking.
As an Account Manager of RBS MVM Team, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for managing Amazon Retail vendors. You will work with dedicated vendors throughout the year, continuously improve processes, influence and interact with business and technical teams to create and improve process automation and vendor tools. You will utilize a wide range of negotiation skills and work across major functional areas to drive the performance of vendor partners at Amazon. In this role you will be focused on growing our business with Amazon vendor partners.
Please note that you will be expected to specifically work on transactional but business critical activities and have a hands-on approach.
A Day in Life:
You will manage various activities throughout the day including, contacting vendors on our main areas of focus:
1) negotiate annual terms to create mutually beneficial partnership,
2) remove operational blockers and deliver best possible customer experience,
3) expand selection offer and drive business growth, to ensure customers can find and discover anything they want to buy online.
You will manage business escalations, dive deep into our processes and tools to find efficient and sustainable solutions. Your day will include managing programs or projects, on your own or with stakeholders, to ultimately improve our business outcomes, through processes, tools, trainings.
• Manage vendor relationships, negotiate contracts and execute pricing strategies.
• Identify new opportunities across a large number of brands, develop and execute project plans.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Language skills: Writing and Speaking Fluent (C1+) English and Italian
• Proven ability to lead negotiations with business partners and to balance vendor needs and business needs on both languages mentioned above
• Ability to effectively and efficiently complete difficult goals or assignments, and manage multiple priorities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to engage with various stakeholders and be impactful even in difficult situations
• Identify opportunities or improvement and drive automation, simplification and scalable solutions
• Experience in Project management or Program management
• Exposure to buying, planning & allocation, marketing or e-commerce will be a plus.
• Advanced excel (programming macros / scripts) or SQL knowledge
• Additional language proficiency is a plus (German, Spanish, Italian, French, Polish, Dutch or Swedish)