UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess and resolve scheduling concerns, developing and implementing solutions in many varied clinical delivery systems
- Negotiate days and times that align provider needs and LHI business objectives
- Manually assign appointments to qualified providers using the current provider network
- Continually communicate with Veteran Services team members and other departments to accomplish mission tasks related to scheduling procedures
- Maintain a successful working relationship between LHI and network providers through working with many varied clinical delivery systems
- Understand and identify the best alignment of appointment requirements to clinical times available within the varied clinical delivery systems
- Communicate with internal and external customers to ensure the most efficient use of time to accomplish department goals and contract requirements
- All other duties as assigned, based on leadership decisions and business needs
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing and Communications or healthcare related field OR Equivalent combination of education, 6 months customer service experience and/or applicable military experience
- 1+ years related experience (provider relations, network management, customer service, negotiations, account services and/or account management)
- Knowledge and experience with negotiating rates and managing subcontractor relationships
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office programs, Adobe or equivalent
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Two years’ experience as a provider relations representative
- Medical, dental, or healthcare insurance experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Database experience/education
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities and in making work related decisions
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively
- Ability to effectively manage provider accounts resulting in provider retention
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships while demonstrating a clear understanding of complex business structures
- Proven ability to effectively problem solve while utilizing strong customer service skill sets
- The ability to speak clearly and concisely while conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, flexible and adaptable to changing situations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $21.68 to $38.56. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $23.94 to $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VA Marker Relations Specialist, Network Program Specialist, Provider Relations, Network Management, Customer Service, Negotiations, Account Services, Account Management, Database Experience, La Crosse, WI, Wisconsin, United States, LHI, OptumServe, UHG, work from home, work at home, remote, #RPO, #Green