Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain, and develop children through play.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
We have an exiting opportunity for an Associate Key Account Manager to join our European Amazon and eRetail Sales Team in Frankfurt, Germany as of August 2022. The key objectives of this role are to work alongside highly motivated colleagues in ultimately achieving sales volume and revenue targets with Amazon’s local team in Germany.
You’ll be responsible for building, managing & developing long-term business partnerships with Amazon’s local team in Germany to achieve the targeted revenue and profit metrics, you’ll achieve this by increasing and elevating the online presence for the iconic brands of Mattel. We’ll also rely on you to be a core contributor to the planning, managing, and executing the business for Mattel’s leading eRetail customer across Europe.
What Your Impact Will Be:
Key responsibilities will include the following ..
- Manage day-to-day retailer relationships with several stakeholders from Amazon’s and new country business development teams
- Closely collaborate with Amazon stakeholders to ensure listings, continuous availability and activation of the Mattel range on the site
- Manage customer investment negotiations for various activations in the addressable countries as needed
- Drive Joint Business Planning initiatives
- Represent the company during trade fairs and showroom visits
Product Forecasting and Replenishment
- Monthly quantity forecasting for an extensive portfolio of brands and products that influences the production
- Near-term turnover forecasting weekly for submission to management
- Engage with Customer Service teams in Europe to inform buyers about product availability and delivery timings
- Participate in supply chain projects that will develop efficiencies for Mattel and its eRetail customers and deliver improved customer service
- Lead the new item setup process for Europe in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Core contributor in the ongoing evolution and implementation of the Go to Market strategy together with cross-functional teams (marketing, digital, supply chain, IT)
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of retailers’ and toy market dynamics
- Identify shopper and e-commerce trends for business growth and implement initiatives and action plans
- Collaborate with Brand and Shopper Marketing and country sales teams to evolve Mattel’s eRetail presence and activation into being increasingly more consumer-centric and brand-led
Trade Marketing & Activity Planning
- Support Regional Customer Range Planning/Selection with input from brand activation and the Amazon country key account teams
- Plan and execute customer marketing activities and promotions in collaboration with the Shopper Marketing and Brand Activation teams
Data Analysis and Reporting
- In collaboration with the analytics teams, monitor KPIs to deliver on objectives and accelerate business growth
- Monitor the online analytics tools and take corrective action steps when the online implementation KPIs fail to adhere with the target (e.g. the number of reviews, rich digital content, frequent out-of-stocks etc.)
- Sales and spending forecasting
- Manage and track the allocated budget & maintain the respective audit trails
- Deliver on revenue and profit targets
Management and leadership
- Represent the Amazon Europe team internally and externally on assigned projects
- Together with the rest of the team, act as a centre of competence and expertise for e-retail towards the rest of the organization
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in related fields (Bachelor/ Master/ Diploma).
- At least 4 years of Sales and/or Marketing experience with understanding of Key Account Management and E-commerce, preferably at least 2 years have been directly invested in dealing with E-Commerce & Digital Marketing.
- Selling & negotiation skills in the international environment, preferably acquired in a multi-national company with high seasonality.
- Understanding of online/digital metrics.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Attention to detail and process affinity.
- Strong follow-up and prioritization skills.
- Highly competitive mindset & Business results-oriented: ability to perform and manage forecasts.
- Ability to work in a wide variety of projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to operate within a matrix business environment and handle diverse audiences.
- A confident and articulate communicator capable of inspiring strong collaboration within an organization.
- Proactive, positive, and innovative mind.
- Fast learner – the ability to work in high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Excel Skills.
- Fluency in English.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.