At ServiceNow, we deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity.
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
The Principal Engagement Manager oversees the on time, on budget delivery of the defined solution scope to meet the customer’s desired results. This requires the EM to complete the project following ServiceNow’s leading practice methodology, NowCreate, working in collaboration with the customer project team and any involved partner, ensuring governance is followed to gain team member support for the project, including risk and issue mitigation. The EM is also responsible for assembling and leading the ServiceNow resources on the project making sure they understand the planned tasks, tracking actual progress, and managing deviations through appropriate measures.
- Lead the delivery team throughout the engagement, often in collaboration with a services partner.
- Manage the engagement governance, timeline, scope, risk, change management, resourcing, reporting, and financials.
- Work with the Sales Account Team, partner and customer to understand the customer and the engagement; including challenges, partners, issues, and value being delivered.
- Understand the goals and align the deliverables accordingly.
- Apply expertise from the Now Create methodology and prescriptive guidance to promote delivery of the engagement, including long-term customer success.
- Be the single contact to encourage collaboration and customer agreement on proposed solutions.
- Mentor Customer Outcomes or Partner team members to achieve the engagement’s deliverables and promote the customer’s desired results.
- Identify gaps between actuals and plan of record, proposing solutions and driving resolutions.
- Lead the delivery team throughout complex programs, often with multiple workstreams and in collaboration with a services partner.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 12+ years progressive experience as part of a professional services organization; or equivalent education/experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Industry domain expertise in
- Creativity with comfort running projects independently
- Experience driving complex issues through analysis and resolution
- Experience working collaboratively
- ServiceNow certifications in aligned workflow
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.