Provides a variety of financial services to the organization, including planning, record keeping, reporting, etc.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Performing generic financial planning and budgeting as needed by a given business unit.
- Supporting finance and accounting needs wherever called for within the organization. Developing financial reports and presentations for management.
- Filing tax forms and other government reports required of the organization.
- Identifying trends and developments in competitive environments and presenting findings to senior management.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
- 5 years of GAAP and/or STAT Accounting experience required
- 7 years of GAAP and/or STAT Accounting experience preferred
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Financial Services experience preferred
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The position requires a strong technical accounting background.
The position will be responsible for overseeing the Company’s adoption of new accounting standards which will include:
- (i) analyzing new accounting standards and the potential impacts to the Company
- (ii) preparing roadmaps and overseeing the Company’s implementation progress
- (iii) working closely with various individuals within management across TIAA’s business lines, independent public accountants, and if applicable, consultants throughout the implementation process
- (iv) preparing documentation to support the Company’s accounting policy positions, and
- (v) preparing and reviewing financial reporting impacts and disclosures from the adoption of the applicable new accounting standards.
Additionally, this position works proactively with management regarding updates and/or additions to accounting policies resulting from new transactions or product lines, reviewing significant transactions to ensure appropriate accounting treatment and assisting management with related documentation, and reviewing periodic financial statements for entities across TIAA.
Potential Salary: $137,200.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.