Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want a high-visibility role that will directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance! Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support the AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) business. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services now widely known as cloud computing based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
Read more about EC2 at: http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
This position will work closely with finance and business leadership as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers, Capacity Management, Supply Chain, Forecasting, Economists and Data Center operations to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the EC2 businesses. He or she will have the opportunity to lead and influence multiple, high-visibility aspects of managing EC2 capacity including long-term planning, operational controllership, capital efficiency analysis, and ongoing capital reporting and analysis. Additional responsibilities include ad-hoc business analysis support. This role requires a self-starter with strong financial modeling abilities, robust problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Strong ownership, curiosity, passion for diving deep, and a desire to learn are ideal fits for this role.
Key job responsibilities
Lead regional capacity and service efficiency planning for EC2 annual budget setting and current year forecast update
Dive deep, understand, and communicate to leadership insights on capital actuals and forecast commentary
Partner with business and other AWS service finance team to drive EC2 capacity and utilization improvements
Work in coordination with data scientists from the AWS Forecasting team in solving new planning challenges
Own and drive improvement projects during planning and forecasting cycles
Provide controllership and approval during capital purchasing process
Drive creation of complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
* Own and deliver on ad-hoc business support projects
• 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• MBA or advanced degree
• Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
• Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong track record of senior-level business partnership
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Track record of managing multiple deliverables and meeting challenging deadlines
• Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos), SQL and Data warehouse
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.