Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon seeks a BP Senior Finance Manager (m/f) be part of our rapidly growing world-wide Finance Operations team. This position will be located in Poland (perferably Warsaw) and will be the primary business support function to manage finance operations processes in Poland with a strong focus on procure-to-pay and revenue-to-receipt processes. This position will partner closely with business and finance leadership to support and optimize the daily business, drive new business integration and expansion projects, cost-out initiatives centered on reducing defects and eliminating waste and leading improvements in Finance Operations necessary to generate free cash flow opportunities on behalf of the company.
The successful candidate will work remotely with a team of high caliber finance professionals based in Munich and will work closely with Operations teams primarily located in India and Slovakia.
In addition the candidate will take the lead to ensure support for our recently launched Polish Marketplace and to enable operations readiness for the upcoming E-Invoicing launch in 2023.
The role, when working on improvement projects, will have high visibility across the organization including the global headquarter in Seattle. The position will coordinate with teams in different geographies and drive global standards and harmonization.
The key areas of responsibility will include the following:
• Oversee and manage a multi-billion Finance Operations portfolio
• Business partner with internal stakeholders (e.g. Retail, Retail Finance, Fulfillment Operations and In-stock Management, TAX, VAT), external business partners (vendors, suppliers, service providers and customers) and other finance teams to drive improvement activities, efficiency and decision support
• Be a key part of prioritization, objectives and organizational development to support the rapid growth and bring function to next level of business partnering and support
• Accountability for Fin Ops processes with focus on processes impacting the relationship with the business and compliance with PL e-invoicing regulations
• Initiate and lead business and operations reviews designed to identify expansion projects, changes in business trajectory, controllership and accounting risks
• Driving vendor and customer issues which require a business decision to resolve
• Develop global project roadmaps and work with multiple teams to implement effective long-term solutions which optimize the productivity of the team as well that of the business partners
• Lead and build scalable processes to recruit, train and develop multi-lingual business professionals to support business expansion
• Be a key contributor to the consolidated yearly Operating Plan, including global headcount forecasting and detailed analysis of budget to actual results on a monthly and quarterly basis
• Participate in the coordinate of the monthly balance sheet and operations reviews with the Finance Operations VP, Business VP and Directors, and quarterly with the CFO
• M.A. , B.A. or B.S in Finance or Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
• 7+ years of leadership experience, managing finance, accounting and operational processes
• Proven ability to build and lead a large and complex finance team through a mixed finance skill set (commercial finance, accounting, FP&A, audit, operations), preferably through international or overseas experience
• Solid experience working in or as strong (finance) business partnering environment, building out teams and demonstrated customer obsession and work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations
• Accounting background, experience with VAT and regulatory/compliance projects in the Polish market
• Experience in commercial finance, retail finance, operations, logistics or the vendor/supplier finance are a preference
• Getting work done through others in an international, diverse, complex and high paced environment
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills; including written and oral communication
• Advanced presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
• Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment and ability to empower teams around you
• Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
• Ability to inspire others through setting strategic vision and direction within Finance Ops as well as with the Business and Finance teams we support
• Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions, and follow through to a successful conclusion, as well as transformation experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.