Spectrum provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including video entertainment programming, internet access, and home phone service.
Responsible for timely preparation and completion of tax compliance for multiple entities. This involves the preparation of tax work papers and tax returns using tax software. Additional responsibilities include reconciliations of general ledger tax accounts, involvement in tax audits and various research projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Accumulate, analyze and process financial accounting data in order to prepare tax returns.
- Timely completion of all tax compliance.
- Maintain tax records.
- Research and resolve notices received from various taxing jurisdictions.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Process journal entries for tax department.
- Research taxability issues.
- Research monthly variances (increases/decreases) in taxes for department.
- Compile data to defend tax audits.
- Perform tax research and planning and other special projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with members of tax and accounting departments and system personnel.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Superior Excel skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to research technical tax issues
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively perform as part of a team committed to common objectives
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Ability to adapt to unexpected or changing conditions
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to stay focused and meet deadlines
- Ability to research and resolve technical tax issues
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of accounting theory and financial statement presentation
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience
Required Related Work Experience
0-3 years General ledger accounting experience
0-3 years Tax experience
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of Access
Eligibility to sit for CPA exam
This role offers a Hybrid work schedule
FTX350 308176 308176BR