wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Finance Analyst…
In this role, you will:
The Senior Lead Finance Analyst will report to the Head of the Technology Enablement Functions Finance to lead the transformation of implementing a Product model across Wells Fargo’s Technology Enablement Functions. Outstanding financial technical acumen, critical thinking skills, the proven ability to develop meaningful analytics that drive decision-making and fostering a culture of collaboration, sound controls, and continuous improvement will be determining factors in selection. This Functional expert will be recognized for accomplishments related to implementing and managing well controlled, sustainable processes that deliver strong results and continuous improvement, as well as for managing all aspects of our financials for the hosting strategy implementation.
The role requires a sense of urgency and the personal accountability for driving results, including:
- Leadership/ Transformational Change Agent: Proven ability to establish and gain buy-in for ideas/ vision/ define solutions that are attainable and directly support business goals. Garner enthusiastic support across the organization to accomplish business goals and solutions.
- Problem Solving: Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems. Accurately analyze complex issues, ensuring identification of underlying root causes. Demonstrates the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity. Generates alternative solutions and expertly handles obstacles.
- Professional Skills: Capable prolific communicator that is comfortable working with a wide variety of corporate executives, operations, customers and business partners. Proven teamwork skills, excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Creativity and Innovation: Able to think creatively and critically to identify opportunities to uniquely and effectively meet customer needs. Strong ability to assess market and competitiveness conditions and to develop creative, break-through approaches supporting improved customer experiences and operation efficiencies.
- Analytical Thinking/ Financial Acumen: Obtains and uses financial data necessary to identify opportunities and understand problems. Uses quantitative techniques to make it actionable. Able to analyze data and turn it into insightful information through financial acumen and to communication solutions to various levels.
- Demonstrating flexibility and ability to pivot to meet the demands of a changing environment.
The future incumbent will:
- Act as the trusted business partner to the Technology Enablement Functions leaders and their teams. The Technology Enablement Functions include Technology Infrastructure, Information Control Security & Technology Controls and the Chief Technology Office
- Lead the transformation of the Enablement Functions service model to the Product Model across the enablement functions to enable cost optimization. This will entail transforming the services offered by TI and other Enablement Functions to a foundational set of product/enabler offerings to promote financial accountability of the total cost of ownership for each of the products, enable cost-conscious business decisions for product selection, incent informed behaviors that align to the best interests of our shareholders and customers
- Lead the realignment of expenses to P&L owners and products, and the calculation of unit costs with transparent cost drivers, establish volumes (and processes to collect)
- Lead benchmarking of unit costs against industry peers to evaluate optimization opportunities
- Establish customer billing based on unit costs and consumption
- Ensure proper preparation of financials for operating reviews and reports; financial ownership for business cases; and ad-hoc financial analyses
- Play a key role in managing the financial processes for the monthly results close and financial forecast/budget updates for the Technology Enablement Functions’ organizations. Provide insight through meaningful and actionable analytics
- Provide financial advice and guidance for strategic planning as well as to business level plans
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, seek to enhance or transform current processes that can benefit from improvements, and take ownership in pushing things forward and making progress
- Drive transparency, cost simplification and value measurement
- Exercise sound judgement, and apply an appropriate level of skepticism and review and challenge through collaborative partnership with the Technology Infrastructure leadership team
- Uphold and maintain a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency
- Ensure regulatory, data, and controls compliance for all processes/programs undertaken by business finance teams
- Build relationships and partner closely with all Wells Fargo Technology leaders as well as partners across the Corporate Finance and Business Finance organizations
- 7+ years of Finance experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BS/BA degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years of experience in a senior finance or related field, preferably in a large financial services environment, with demonstrated growth
- 7+ years of experience with core financial processes
- 7+ years of experience with managing large scale initiatives or transformations
- 7+ years of experience defining and executing transformation of legacy frameworks and/or process redesign, preferably supporting transformation through technology
- 7+ years of experience in Technology financial management, both with managing strategic investments and financial operating business activities
- 7+ years of experience in defining objectives and key, measurable results
- Demonstrated success as change agent for a large multi-functional matrixed environment
- Extensive experience with Enterprise, or large-scale technology transformation and or re-engineering experience
- Experience with Data Center transformations, Unit Costs and Infrastructure Product / Pricing methodologies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with extensive experience presenting to and working with senior executive-level leaders
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration
- A demonstrated working understanding of technology and key role it plays within a Product based organization
- Ability – Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to effectively articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Ability to effectively negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships and drive decision-making
- Ability to deliver concise, time critical information to all levels of management, technology and business teams
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management and to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are critical
- Ability to manage initiatives including: detailed planning, process management, and documentation
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship building, change leadership, and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with partners / peers
- Prior experience driving transformation in functional groups (e.g., Finance, Technology)
- Highly motivated with an organized work style and the ability to work calmly in a high energy environment
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders from a variety of disciplines and organizations.
- Excellent problem solving and analytic capabilities utilized to identify improvement opportunities, as well as creating approaches/programs to address those issues
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate
$120,400.00 – $250,000.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo’s employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.