Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about big opportunities? Want a high-visibility finance role directly influencing the future of a successful cloud computing business? Please join the AWS Finance team!
The growing AWS Platform organization is a group of businesses working on challenging and time sensitive projects and needs a senior finance professional to partner with them on planning and analysis.
Key job responsibilities
This position works closely with senior business partners and finance professionals at all levels to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership on AWS’s products. Key responsibilities include:
• Provide strategic business support with long term financial impacts on new business initiatives.
• Work cross-functionally with accounting teams as well as business teams and manage key controllership initiatives
• Analyze business deals with a keen eye on scaling for future growth and improving our customer experience.
• Analyze defect root causes and propose remediation and avoidance strategies across the organization
• Help the business partners in developing challenging goals, business plans and financial plans and then help them achieve these results.
A day in the life
This role requires a self-starter, a strong financial background, and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations. This role has regular interaction with several business units across AWS and requires the ability to communicate succinctly and efficiently with others at all levels.
About the team
The AWS Platform Finance team is a team of financial professionals supporting the planning and analysis needs of the AWS Platform organization. This role works closely with Commerce Platform team within AWS. These customer facing businesses appreciate the value and strong partnership from finance and are eager for more support.
• 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• Either a BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Economics or equivalent.
• An MBA or MS in Finance or a related field
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Knowledge of SQL (data mining and business intelligence)
• Solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic, approach to the business
• Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
• Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.