- Principal Scientist I - Novartis - NIBR - East Bay - Emeryville, CA
- Sr. Principal Scientist, Structural & Biophysical Chemistry, Novartis - Emeryville, CA
- Senior Scientist, Virology - Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases - Emeryville, CA
- Production Technician - Indianapolis, IN
- Strategic Site Partnership Lead - Northeast - Remote - Newark, NJ
18 ! The number of countries supported by FRA Operations Team that delivers financial reporting and accounting services, financial compliance and process expertise in the areas of Record to Report (R2R), Request to Pay, Travel and Expense and Invoice to Cash. As part of the Novartis FRA Operation team, this is a new role waiting for you to make change happen.
Your Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be the key point of Regional SPOC (Single Point of Contact) from APMA FRA for regional stakeholders (Regional Divisional CFOs, Regional BPAs (Business Planning & Analysis), Process Teams) on FRA related matter
• Organize and coordinate Regional Meetings with various stakeholders on periodic basis and prepares ad-hoc and routine ‘accounting / management’ information and quality financial analysis in order to support global and organization’s requirements.
• Support review of SOX-302 disclosures for the region on a quarterly basis for the divisions.
• Be the regional Technical Accounting (TA) SPOC in providing accounting guidance across the region, assist BPAs and R2R teams in the planning and recording of BD&L, and other complex / significant contracts including new innovative product launches. Ensure that transactions are appropriately documented in accordance with the Novartis Accounting Manual, IFRS, and the requirements of the Novartis Financial Controls Manual.
• Work closely with Country FRA Heads/R2R to review accounting position papers and memos for the business deals for the region and coordinate trainings, to ensure relevant technical accounting knowledge sharing for the supported area of expertise and continue to implement and support the roll out of OneAPP tool (Accounting Position Papers)
• Manage timely implementation of new accounting standards and financial control processes and policies for assigned area and ensure adherence thereof.
• Working collaboratively with the NGSCKL (Novartis Global Service Center Kuala-Lumpur) Process Heads and In-Country FRA Heads for the region to ensures the integrity, viability, and interoperability of financial reporting processes. Responsible to develop and build highly capable and NGSCKL FRA JAPMA team
• Assist with JAPMA FRA Budgets reviews and analysis (Actuals, Budgets and Latest Estimates) and actively participate in Global FRA Projects / Initiatives
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Job Requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Professional Certification in ACCA/Equivalent.
• 10+ years of experience in a similar role.
• Experience working in a Shared Serviced or MNC Environment.
• Experience in Stakeholder Management and strong communication skills as this role will require constant communication and dealings with our business users, partners, and counterparts in others region.
• Working experience in multinational companies (HQ in Europe or USA is preferred)
• Experience in Financial Accounting reporting based on IFRS standards
About the Novartis Global Service Center in Kuala Lumpur:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Kuala Lumpur delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions worldwide. Kuala Lumpur is part of a globalized network of five NGSCs, which form a successful network of services minded associates partnering with the Novartis business around the world.
What makes NGSC special?
Attractive office location, flexible time management, strong work/life balance, flexible working hours, truly multinational and dynamic organization, multicultural environment and cross-functional hub location
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
FRA OPERATIONS NBS
Company / Legal Entity
Audit & Finance