Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is a pioneering, dynamic, and energetic company that thrives on unique and peculiar ways. We take pride in our single-minded obsession over customer satisfaction, and our ability to maintain a curious and vibrant culture no matter how large the company grows. We endeavor to build our legacy as Earth’s most customer-centric company, and to continue to cultivate and nourish our innovative environment through our mission to hire the best. When joining our team you can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action.
If you are a tax accountant professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who dares to make bold decisions, and whose ears perk up at the prospect of a challenge, then Amazon is a place where your career can flourish!
The Tax Analyst in this position will be responsible of the Indirect month end closing activities for multiple accounts, preparation of monthly/quarterly/annually reconciliations, tax journal entries, as well as assist with the tax reporting process and other tax analyses. In addition, this person will be a key driver to improve the quality of the Indirect general ledger account reconciliations. The expertise of Brazil tax regulations and the impact to the accounts payable and receivable processes will provide important intelligence to safeguard financial statements and enable scalable new business launches.
- Accounting Degree or related field with 5+ or more years of experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience with indirect taxes for Brazil (ICMS/Cofins/ISS/WHT)
- Experience in tax compliance, filing preparation and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accounting knowledge in month end closing of books & reporting activities.
- Advanced Excel skills and strong understanding of financial reporting (PivotTables, Vlookups, macros, formulas, etc.)
- Experience using Oracle Financial Applications and Power BI
- Experience working on operational excellence and process improvement & simplification
- Flexible, proactive, and self-motivated
- Strong written and oral communication skills