As the world’s first data-to-everything platform, Splunk removes the barriers between data and action.
Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a Finance Manager to join its Growth Finance team (fully remote considered on a case-by-case basis – preference will be given to West Coast candidates). Within this role, you will partner with our sales and customer success teams to own and drive our top-line forecasting process. This includes working with finance and company leadership to understand risks and opportunities that impact revenue, ARR and bookings performance. You should have outstanding partnership and communication skills, an ability to balance multiple priorities, possess deep attention to detail, a drive to get to the answer, and the ability to thrive in the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization. You should also have mastery of Excel and Powerpoint, with excellent modeling, data manipulation and presentation skills.
In this position, you will be reporting to the Director of GTM Finance, who oversees our global top-line performance and serves as a key business partner to our sales organizations. This is a lean and analytical team, one that uses large amounts of data and strong business partnership to help drive top-line performance.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Lead the top-line quarterly forecasting process and process design. Work with sales and customer success leadership to develop accurate forecasts and translate them into key financial metrics.
- Develop both qualitative and quantitative risk assessment frameworks to help Splunk leadership understand key top-line risks and opportunities.
- Partner with our sales and customer success teams to determine the core levers of our business and to identify and drive revenue maximizing initiatives.
- Serve as finance’s resident subject matter expert on all deal-level metrics, both in understanding current metrics at a detailed-level and in leading the development of new metrics.
- Assist our corporate FP&A and Investor Relations teams in the preparation of materials for earnings and guidance.
- Build, support and maintain predictive and other ad-hoc models to support business decisions.
- Use strong data mining and analytical skills to drive financial insights.
- Distill and present complex and data-rich problems to executives and other team members in a clear and concise manner.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 6+ years of progressive finance experience, with a strong preference for those with prior experience in investment banking, strategy consulting, or business intelligence and data analytics.
- This role is for doers with an extreme level of ownership; those able to get into the details and get the job done while seeing the forest for the trees
- Superior financial modeling, forecasting methods, and excel capabilities. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Ability to think creatively; builder who is ambitious. The highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever-changing business. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal supervision.
- Strong finance and strategy acumen (e.g., understanding of financial statements, competitive analysis, etc.)
- SaaS background beneficial but not required
- Outstanding software and system skills (e.g., strong proficiency in Excel a must. Experience with SQL/Snowflake, Alteryx, Tableau and SFDC a plus).
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics or Finance; Master’s degree is preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
(Colorado only) Minimum base salary of $90,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).