Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Advertising is building a world class customer centric advertising business at Amazon which helps monetize not only many of Amazon’s unique audio, video, and display surfaces but also services and surfaces off Amazon. The Devices, Audio and Video (DAV) business focuses on monetizing Amazon devices, audio streaming services and video streaming services. This is unique opportunity to work in a fast-growing business at an early stage where every team member has a voice in the decision-making process. Come join us and make history.
Amazon.com is seeking a Sr. Finance Manager to lead business support for the Devices and Audio advertising business as part of the DAV Advertising Finance team. This role will attract builders as Amazon strives to provide value for our advertising customers through innovative brand advertising products. It requires a finance leader who excels in thinking big to guide our investment strategy, has relentlessly high standards in operational metrics, and can make high judgement decisions in ambiguous situations.
The successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional equally comfortable thinking big and driving business direction, while excelling at analyzing business inputs and making decisions in highly ambiguous situations. This individual will build and lead a growing team and will partner directly with the heads of the Devices and Audio advertising businesses assessing long-term business economics, evaluating investment trade-offs, and analyzing key business metrics. Hence, candidate must be able to communicate effectively with executive leadership on a daily basis and tackle multiple concurrent large projects under tight timelines. They will have a track record of understanding the inputs for successful investments, ability to work across multiple stakeholders, and a history of leading and developing high-performing teams, while holding high standards. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as an ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and prioritize.
Key job responsibilities
- Own overall financial assessment and planning of Devices and Audio Advertising business
- Generate monthly financial reviews reporting on the overall health and performance of the business highlighting areas of performance risks and opportunities vs plan and overall financial insights
- Own the planning process and the coordination with partner finance teams in Devices and Amazon Music.
- Contribute to the annual long-term forecast and annual operating plan
- Define and track operating budgets across different segments of the business
- Audit business/financial performance regularly and coordinate with other stakeholder teams to drive results
- Participate heavily in creation of Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), long-term strategy documents and investment documents.
- Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish
- Manage a team of analysts
A day in the life
This role will lead the team supporting the Devices and Audio advertising business and will drive financial planning and forecasting, business operations, goal setting and actively participate in business reviews being both the CFO and COO of these businesses. Given the strategic nature of this business, this is a high visibility role with SVP level interactions on a routine basis. You will work hand-in-hand with your business partners in advertising as well as stakeholders in the Devices and Amazon Music orgs to size investment opportunities, perform impact analyses, and assess future financial risk and opportunities.
About the team
DAV Finance team supports our Devices ad products (Fire TV, Fire Tablet, etc.), Amazon’s emerging Audio advertising business and the video advertising business. These are nascent, high growth and high visibility areas with stakeholders across Amazon Advertising, Amazon Music, Fire TV, Alexa, Echo and Prime Video. This is a team of builders with a focus on not only creating world class ad products, but also world class consumer electronics products and services. The DAV Finance team is designed to be collaborative; although team members have clear ownership of an area(s), success typically involves partnering with others in the broader Advertising finance team.
- 12+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or related field
- Strong analytical, modeling, and problem-solving skills
- History of understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements across many stakeholders
- Track record of leading and developing high-performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Experience with digital advertising
- Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos TM1/Oracle financial systems/SQL)
- Familiarity with analytical tools and modeling methods and an advanced knowledge of Excel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.