State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
As an AIS PERA Senior Fund Accountant you will be a part of our team responsible for reporting for our Private Equity or Real Assets fund clients. You will be accountable for preparing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. We are looking for a committed candidate who as a part of Alternative Investment Solutions will collaborate with other departments to find new solutions for complex business challenges, who is open for improvements and who can take advantage of opportunities. The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Fund Accountant you will:
• Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
• Manage client expectations with both designated client contacts and fund investors, as necessary Review quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
• Review and/or prepare capital call and distribution calculations; related notices to investors Review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
• Review quarterly management fee calculations
• Review and/or preparation of waterfall calculations and capital account allocations
• Review limited partnership agreements and offering memoranda to ensure all accounting procedures and calculations are consistent with the fund’s governing documents
• Maintain working relationship with all home site contacts and participate in planning of training to address issues
• Ensure all processes are in line with the SLA and escalate if necessary
• Participate in special client or internal projects as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid team player
- Strong attention to details and well organized
- Self motivated and proactive
- Strong analytical skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Ambition to succeed and forge a long term career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience within a similar role
- Good command of English
- PC literate and competent in use of Excel
- Finance, Accounting, Business Degree would be an asset
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.