Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, creative, and driven people. If you want to help make history and have fun, Amazon is the place for you.
Would you enjoy providing support for our CFO’s decision making, uncovering insights into Amazon’s many businesses and investments, and building the tools to do this at scale? We’re seeking a self-starter with strong critical thinking and a passion for finding better ways to do things. This role will interest candidates looking for experience analyzing Amazon at a macro level, creating new ways to measure business performance, and helping craft the narrative around our company’s near and mid-term outlook.
This Senior Financial Analyst position on the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team will work closely with various stakeholders including Accounting, Finance, and Financial systems teams to solve complex problems that directly impacts Amazon’s internal and external financial reporting. The successful candidate will be able to interpret financial results, effectively communicate a business narrative, and implement mechanisms for new reporting insights at scale with a goal to make our data more actionable. Additionally, this team member will own several reporting functions for close, planning, and reporting cycles.
This role can sit in Amazon offices in Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA.
Key job responsibilities
- Design new financial insights
- Enhance existing financial reporting
- Present ad hoc business analysis and recommendations to senior management.
- Own corporate finance reporting definitions and ensure uses of those definitions are being used consistently across the finance organization.
- Serve as a liaison between accounting and system teams to drive accurate close.
- Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for system enhancements.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Strong analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills.
- Experience and ability to use Essbase, Cognos, or similar tools.
- Comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.