At Walmart, we save people money so they can live better.
What you’ll do…
Walmart Global Technology Finance is seeking a strategic, analytical, confident, and knowledgeable finance professional to join our team as Director, Global Technology, Finance leading finance for the Walmart Global Technology Platform Organization. As Director, Global Technology, Finance you will own the core corporate finance functions of planning, forecasting, analysis and reporting, and also work with various technology business teams and procurement to dive deep, explore and mine for hidden value in the technology space. You will own the annual and long-range planning process by working with the various business leaders to plan, implement and execute on the annual and long-range plan. You will work cross-functionally with various teams to investigate processes, contracts, portfolios, public and private cloud usage, etc. The Director, Global Technology, Finance role has the unique opportunity to identify cost efficiencies and savings, recommend and help implement mechanisms and tools and establish enduring and sustainable cost-efficient processes.
As Director, Global Technology, Finance you are comfortable working with large amounts of data and conducting rigorous analysis. The Director, Global Technology, Finance will provide strategic, value-added financial leadership and partnership to the Walmart Global Technology organization focusing on the main building blocks of corporate technology which comprise of Public and Private Cloud, Data Centers, Software Licenses, Technology fundamental (Compute, Storage, Network), etc. You will partner with several engineering and products teams to put in place mechanisms and tools to help provide visibility in asset management, total cost of ownership, technology product costing, tech product profitability, public cloud and overall IT resource usage and scaling analysis, technology product business case and modelling and ad hoc request. You will be a strategic partner to the EVP, SVPs, VPs and Product GMs within the Global Technology Platform space and serve as an advisor and consultant on technology investments and future terminal cost and pricing analysis.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Having technology industry knowledge and experience, especially prior work on public cloud, computer, cloud storage, network, software, technology commercialization and data center finance and analysis
- Influencing and leading people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across a diverse business
- Creating and driving conversations on implementing mechanisms and tools to enable cost-efficient management of technology contracts, licenses, public cloud services, in-house/on-prem data centers, unit and marginal costing of technology resources
- Challenging all aspects of the business in delivering improved performance while maintaining strong working relationships and understanding business trends, foresee financial opportunities and risks, and effectively influence business results
- Having experience working with large amounts of data, ability to deal with ambiguity, detailed oriented, organized and possess the interpersonal skills necessary to partner effectively with senior leadership
- Increasing cost savings opportunities, improving accuracy of reporting to ensure compliance with company policies and supporting company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Creating and implementing technology asset and workload P&L reporting, financial forecasting, annual operating plan, and partnering with various stakeholders to accomplish overall cost management goals
- Developing and implementing initiatives, and providing feedback to leadership regarding risks associated with strategic initiatives, insight on historical trends, expected future outcomes, and industry trends
You will sweep us off our feet if…
- You can influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understand how to operate effectively across a diverse business
- You can create and drive conversations on implementing mechanisms and tools to enable cost-efficient management of technology contracts, licenses, public cloud services, in-house/on-prem data centers, unit and marginal costing of technology resources
- You can challenge all aspects of the business in delivering improved performance while maintaining strong working relationships and understand business trends, foresee financial opportunities and risks, and effectively influence business results
- You have prior experience working with a major technology company
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringingyour whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or relevant area OR 7 years’ experience
i n accounting, finance, or related area.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
2 years’ experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Strategic Planning, Working in a large, complex, matrixed organization
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance – Certified Public Accountant – Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America