Baker Tilly is a full-service accounting and advisory firm.
We are currently searching for a Senior to join our CFO Advisory practice on the West Coast. Our practice helps CFOs, Controllers, and Finance Directors improve the financial reporting processes to ensure that finance adds value to business operations. The CFO Advisory practice enables finance executives to achieve significant and sustainable performance through technical analysis and process improvement services.
Our clients range from emerging growth companies to publicly traded companies. We serve a wide variety of industries including technology, business services, manufacturing/ distribution, energy, real estate, hospitality and retail, and private equity to name a few.
Baker Tilly’s CFO Advisory Services team is comprised of practitioners across the country. Our goal is to solve problems or make improvements that will free the finance organization up so that they can focus on growing and improving their overall business.
This practice area has professionals with multi-disciplines and experiences that are drawn upon to assist our clients with very practical and hands-on support. We have senior team members that have served as Chief Financial Officers, Controllers, financial statement auditors, and financial analysts that are all highly credentialed. It is a high performing team that enjoys learning from one another and serving our clients.
Your immediate responsibilities will be to:
- Actively participate in projects focused on the following service offerings:
- Finance Performance Improvement
- Business Analytics and Decision Support
- Financial Accounting Advisory Services
- Transaction Support
- Program/Project Management
- Participate actively in the team’s work on a project (i.e. “roll up your sleeves” and work with the team)
- Interact directly with managers and partners on matters related to client and engagement management
- Strengthen existing client relationships by providing outstanding client service
- Communicate with business owners, executive management, investors, lenders and other sophisticated parties to ensure delivery of exceptional client service
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm’s Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
Successful candidates will have:
- 2-4 years’ experience in a large accounting firm in audit, financial advisory service line
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related
- Certified public accountant (CPA)
- Knowledge and ability to use appropriate tools, applications, and accounting and finance concepts to facilitate analysis. Skills with Power BI and/ or Tableau is a plus.
- Exposure to Middle Market financial suite of applications, such as QuickBooks, NetSuite, IntAcct, etc. , their functionality, workflows, automated controls, and associated facilitation of data consolidation, reporting, and robust analytics and their relationship to addressing myriad business requirements is a plus.
- High motivation, initiative and positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities appropriately
- Intermediate modeling and excel skills, experience conducting complex quantitative
and qualitative financial analysis and ability to generate data-driven insights
- Ability to work autonomously, to meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast paced
environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a team environm
#LI – Hybrid
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.