Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon where new and diverse challenges arise every day. AWS Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to support the Startup Sales organization in the Americas. This role provides leadership and strategic support including key project analyses, metrics development and reporting, and planning and forecasting. The successful candidate will be able to think strategically, tactically, and analytically. They will have a demonstrated ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
The candidate will be responsible for building and developing the models, tools and mechanisms necessary to address business opportunities, drive automation, improve internal controls, and earn trust across AWS. This candidate will be responsible for providing cross functional leadership across multiple teams and initiatives, including other finance and operations teams within the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Serve as a key finance lead supporting multiple sales and finance stakeholders, providing financial support and business insights
• Lead the development of financial models and advanced analytical tools that aid in key decision-making
• Build rhythm of the business processes that help business leaders understand progress to goals as well as strategic insights to guide overall direction
• Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed and present findings to senior management
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
• Exceptional analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to build financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Must be comfortable working in cross functional teams
• Ability to work across all levels of management
• SQL and VBA skills a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.