We unleash the power of the spoken word.
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Based in Berlin, Audible GmbH is looking for you, as an Accounting Manager EU (m/f/x), who will support the accounting duties, tax declarations and key initiatives inside our EU Finance & Accounting team.
You are an experienced, motivated and talented accounting professional who is passionate and excited about accounting and reporting and has experience with the details of a monthly close cycle, periodic financial reporting and related analytical analysis.
As a Accounting Manager EU (m/f/x), you will…
- Participate in the preparation of the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close under HGB & US-GAAP for Audible GmbH and a smaller French entity.
- Support the annual external audit.
- Prepare tax declarations and other Accounting reporting.
- Work on the improvement of the recurring accounting processes (monthly close, tax declaration, account payable/receivable, etc.).
- Do financial analysis and reconciliation of the monthly reporting.
- University degree in Business Studies, Accounting, Finance or any other related field.
- Perennial experience in accounting and/or auditing.
- Strong German GAAP/HGB or IFRS/US-GAAP experience.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience with MS Office, especially Excel & Word.
- Ownership and ability to work independently.
- Details oriented and analytical mindset.
- Ease of work in a fast-growing environment.
- US-GAAP/IFRS knowledge.
- Know-how in dealing with (international) tax concerns.
- Experience in an e-commerce or international work environment.
- German language ability.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.