NG_Careers Northrop Grumman
A leading global security company, Northrop Grumman provides innovative products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber security, and complex logistics to government and commercial clients.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Financial Cost/Control Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Magna, UT and support the Propulsion Systems business unit as part of the Launch and Missile Defense Solutions Division.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participating in the preparation of budgets and schedules for contract work and participating in the control of costs and schedules through cost schedule control system.
- Preparing internal and external customer reports.
- Assisting Managers in achieving objectives by compiling and reviewing budgets for Programs and Organizations using actual performance, previous budget figures and related workload forecasts (affordability), indirect expense analysis and other data sources for proper financial administration.
- Performing quarterly Estimate-At-Completion (EAC) with program cost control managers an d Functional Managers.
- Ensuring use of approved burden/labor rates and validating Estimate-To-Complete data and ensure the accuracy of the estimates.
- Participate in Integrated Program Management (IPM) and Earned Value Management (EVM). Maintain resources and logic within the resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Compiling quarterly EAC packages for management review.
- Audit response to external, internal, and Government auditors.
- Strategic planning and monthly OPS forecast preparation of Sales, Operating Margin, Cash, and Orders.
- Weekly progress reporting and variance analysis.
- Generating working capital/cash forecasting including cost type and PBP billing and collections.
- Weekly tracking and reporting to program management and customers.
- Work with and prepare submittals to various levels of governance including internal management, customers, and government oversight agencies
- Updating and maintaining CSR system monthly used for recognition of profit and orders.
- Updating and maintaining program staffing plans and program direct base worksheets for accounting.
- Supporting proposal efforts for both customer RFP and internal activities.
- Preparing estimates that are complete and accurate with necessary justification on tasks.
- Ensuring methodologies and prepared assumptions used to derive the estimates are adequate.
- Coordinating contract closeouts.
- Contract pricing with final or interim rates, calculation of fee, analysis of cost outside of POP, and responding to audit questions from customers.
- Preparing and updating ETC, Baselines, Task Description and Basis of Estimate (TD/BOE), and establishing Performance Measurement reporting/customer reporting requirements.
Basic Qualifications for Principal Financial Cost/Control Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics (or a related field) with 5+ years of related professional experience – OR – a Master’s degree with 3+ years of related professional experience – OR – 9 years in lieu of degree.
Additional Basic qualifications:
- Experience successfully managing and producing data with strict deadlines.
- Experience with financial analysis and/or reporting.
- Strong PC skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- Strong analytical ability.
- US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience (for Principal Financial Cost/Control Analyst)
- Experience with CostPoint, Primavera, and/or Cobra.
- Experience in DoD setting with understanding of government Cost Accounting Standards, FAR, & DFARs.
- Experience with program planning/scheduling.
- Experience with GAAP, as well as Government Financial accounting practices.
Salary Range: $72,400 USD – $108,600 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.