At Walmart, we save people money so they can live better.
What you’ll do…
Join Walmart as a Senior Director II, Finance and your work could help over 295 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Want to use your financial skills to help grow an impressive retail organization? Be a strategic thought-leader and use your strong financial acumen and analytical capabilities to drive sizable, complex, cross functional results. Centrally supporting the entire merchandising organization on strategic projects, the role requires a broad understanding of the entire end-to-end business in order to drive major financial decisions and work in matrixed situations. The ability to challenge all aspects of the business in delivering improved performance whilst maintaining strong working relationships is key to success in this role. Additionally, the ability to understand business trends, foresee financial opportunities and risks, and effectively influence business results is an important part of the everyday.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are curious and relentlessly ask questions
- You can manage the interconnectivities of business units
- You drive results with strong financial acumen and technical/analytical capabilities
- You are familiar with digital/tech product finance or asset management
- You are skilled at diplomacy and aligning stakeholders with competing priorities, including senior leaders
- You are a storyteller – a master at making complex subjects easily understood through compelling stories and visuals
- You have high standards and can hold business partners accountable
- You are stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You’ll make an impact by:
Identifying Business Growth Ideas – Generate ideas to growing the business demand, understanding the connectivity of business ideas, and creating risk mitigation plans to maximize business strategies
Building Strategic Relationships – Maximize relationships areas to collaborate on choices, expediate business decisions, and quickly action when needed
Transforming Ways of Working – Partner with other areas of finance and into the functional business areas to transform the finance teams into leveraging and adopting new technologies, processes, and ideation approaches
Operating With Excellence – Set an example in managing to KPIs, delivering excellence, presenting at all levels, and developing yourself and others.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 7 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR 9 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area. MBA highly preferred
- 4 year of experience leading and completing cross-functional projects
- Experience working in Fortune 100 finance
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Detail and results-oriented with sense of urgency
- Comfort with ambiguity
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 7 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR 9 years’ experience
i n accounting, finance, or related area.
4 years’ supervisory experience.
4 years’ experience leading and completing cross-functional projects
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Strategic Planning, Working in a large, complex, matrixed organization
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance – Certified Public Accountant – Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America