Klaviyo provides data science solutions that help optimize business marketing.
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is seeking to hire a Director of Revenue Accounting for our fast-growing Software-as-a-Service business. This is a crucial position overseeing the revenue function and providing strong technical and revenue operational leadership working with the business to understand our product offerings and provide guidance on deal structure and review. This position will be responsible for ensuring revenue is recorded and reported based on our business model and in accordance with ASC 606. This individual will also provide technical accounting education and compliance training to the business related to revenue recognition. This is a newly created role and reports to the Corporate Controller.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensure the company is recognizing revenue in accordance with ASC 606 by proactively identifying, researching, evaluating, and documenting revenue recognition matters, specifically related to new service or product offerings or contract modifications and terminations.
- Own the monthly revenue accounting cycle including oversight of all monthly close tasks associated with revenue, review of deferred revenue & commission reconciliations
- Work closely with external auditors to drive timely accounting conclusions for revenue recognition. Act as a primary point of contact throughout the audit process for external/internal auditors and consultants on technical revenue matters
- Assist FP&A in the monthly revenue modeling and forecasting procedures, and provide variance explanations
- Develop, implement and automate internal controls and process improvements related to the revenue cycle
- Partner with the sales, marketing and legal departments to align and influence deal structures to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Provide education and training to the business on revenue accounting impacts, policies and procedures
- Design and implement accounting policies and procedures related to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Drive process improvements in the quote-to-cash process, with an emphasis on automation and internal controls
- Lead the revenue/billing portion of the ERP implementation
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Degree in Accounting
- CPA (active) required
- Requires 5+ years of accounting experience. Persons with a combination of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience
- Experience working within the SaaS industry required
- Prior IPO experience preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of US GAAP specifically revenue recognition (ASC 606), SaaS industry experience required
- Superior organization skills, ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize, monitor workflow in meeting critical deadline and project timetables
- Excellent system and computer skills, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with Sage Intacct and/or NetSuite preferred
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels and functions in the organization
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Experience with large multi-national corporations
- Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal, analytical and time management skills required
- Effective writing, presentation and communication skills
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.