The Boeing Company
At Boeing, you can contribute to work that matters.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Canada Operations Ltd. is seeking an Experienced Accountant that will be reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager. The Accountant will support monthly financial statement delivery BCA Fabrication Winnipeg Business Unit.
This position is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. At Boeing Canada Winnipeg, you will work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. If you aspire to a career that challenges you to your highest potential and be the center of functional excellence, this is your opportunity.
- Researches, prepares, reviews and reconciles financial statements and reports.
- Analyses and mitigates compliance risk/errors of a complex nature.
- Understanding of all the line items of the financial statements and be able to explain in detail the variance in results from forecast.
- Analyses and interprets complex directives, policies and regulatory requirements to provide recommendations on new and existing accounting issues.
- Identifies and communicates cost collection requirements while developing, implementing and maintaining cost accounting structure/systems, tools, data and related realignment activities.
- Creates reports for internal stakeholders that provide analysis of actual results compared to budgets and forecasts including variance analysis.
- Supports the development and deployment of complex changes to accounting tools and processes.
- Actively engage in internal and external auditors and investigate their finding and recommendations.
- Communication with suppliers and internal business partners on AP and AR related inquiries.
Employer is not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- 3+ years of experience creating Financial Statements.
- Experience working with accounting software.
- Must currently have or are qualified to obtain the Charted Professional Accountant (CPA) certification within 18 months from hire date.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Experience using SAP.
- Experience preparing tax schedules.
- Experience with SOX compliance.
- Goal-oriented, with a focus on utilizing data for insight.
- Ability to problem solve skills with innovation.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage projects independently in an environment with competing priorities.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years’ related work experience, 10 years’ related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a, locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.